Friday, November 18, 2011

An Autumn Luncheon for Friends

 Greetings and Welcome. Today I ‘m going to show  some photos from the two autumn luncheons that I gave earlier this month.

 First though I want you to know that I LOVE to entertain. I want my guests (and family) to always feel warm and welcome in my home. Over the years I've learned alot of wonderful  things that can make any type of event one to remember. For example...  Sending or giving out invitations sets the tone for what’s coming. Cooking and baking yummy food, setting a beautiful table, putting out little details like place cards and favors, serving a warm beverage like the Warm Caramel Creme Apple Punch as they arrive, a fire in the fireplace, beautiful music playing in the background and delicious aromas filling the air. These things all say 'Welcome to My Home and My Table.'  And guests really do feel it.   I hope you will feel this same welcome when you come here to my blog.                          



                                       You are invited    


                                                                                                                                                                                                     
For these invitations I used 'Painted Maple Leaves' paper that I purchased at an office supply store. It even had stickers to go with them. There were 50 sheets in the package. I have enough paper leftover to save and use again in the future.

                          
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
   Warm Caramel Creme Apple Punch was served as they arrived
(The recipe is in my first post 'Welcome')



                                                                                                                                                                   
          Flames were dancing in the fireplace and the mantle was decorated for fall. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                   
The beautiful piano music of John Livingston called 'Candlelight Classics 2' ( the first volume is wonderful too) is  softly playing. It’s very relaxing and it seems to transport you to another world. After one luncheon I gave awhile back, two of the guests went right down and bought themselves a copy. It really is worth listening to any time of the day or night. You can purchase it at Amazon.com. 



For the table I used a burgundy tablecloth.
The goblets are generic that you buy at Dollar Tree. We often have large group dinner parties and so we have several dozen matching goblets. They are so inexpensive that if one accidentally gets broken I don't have a heart attack over it. And I can replace it easily. Often I even tie ribbons or bows or flowers or leaves on the stems for added color and interest.








                                                                                                                                                                     
The napkins are from Ross (this year). And the cute napkin rings are petite sized grapevine wreaths with ribbons and little nuts and acorns and baby pumpkins. Too cute. I got them at a Crafts boutique several years ago and love to use them in the fall. These would be easy to replicate quite inexpensively.












                                                                                                     

                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           





The pumpkin plates were on sale several years ago at a local Crafts Store. They were orignally priced at $4.99 but were marked down to a dollar each. I bought 12 and wish I had bought 24. I have used them over and over again for the last several years. They are as large as a dinner plate. The gold flatware I purchased for a song when a store was going out of business awhile back. My guests, grandchildren and family love to use the goldware. The children tell me that it makes them feel very special. And that's always nice to hear.
              

                                                                                                                                          
                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              





          The little green glass tea light holders and the cinnamon scented tea lights add color and brightness to the table. Even if it is in daylight it’s nice to lite them. It just adds a nice ambience. The cute little acorn salt and pepper shakers add more interest. So glad I found them at Walmart and on sale to boot. (This year)
    

The luncheons turned out to be some of the most fun l I have ever given. The lasts guests didn't leave until nearly 3pm. And they didn't want to go home even then. That always makes a hostess feel good. (a little tired maybe but still good)

I hope you've enjoyed our soiree today. Thanks for joining me.
Nann
I participate in Tablescape Thursday.
Please join me by pressing on icon.
                                                             I participate in Table Top Tuesday
                         Please join me and  others by clicking on icon. 



18 comments:

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Nann! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such kind words. I truly appreciate it - your kindness warmed my heart. Just like I'm sure your Warm Caramel Punch will, too ... which I'm Pinning for future reference. It's nice to 'meet' you!
Tracey

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

Hi Nann. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. I LOVE your luncheon. Those pumpkin plates are just adorable and the fireplace sounds so nice and cozy. I'm following to see what you do next :-)

LDH said...

Hello Nann!

So very nice to meet you and visit your lovely blog here. So warm and inviting. Sounds like you had the best time preparing and entertaining your guests for your autumn luncheons. Everything looks perfect!

A joy stopping by!
Kindly, Lorraine

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Thanks so much for coming over for a look at my Tablescapes and putting a sweet comment on so sweet of you.
I can see why your guests did not want to go home. Your pumpkin plates are Beautiful for this Autumn Birthday Luncheon ! You did a great job putting this altogether. I'm your newest follower on your blog now. I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
XXOO Diane

Cindy said...

Hello Nann,
Welcome to Blogland and thank you for the very sweet comment on my blog! I hope you'll visit me often! What a delightful autumn luncheon - I wish I'd been there! I love the pumpkin plates and I'm going to keep my eyes out for something similar! The Caramel Creme Apple Punch looks Heavenly! yum! I just started my blog at the beginning of June and love blogging! I think you will ,too! I'm your newest follower.
Cindy

Kelli Henderson said...

Nann,
Your table settings and decorations are beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

kitty said...

Hi Nann, what a beautiful table & such a lovely luncheon. I wish I was a guest a your table!! Thanks for the CD recommendation. I love relaxing music.

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Tracey, Heather,Lorraine, Diane, Cindy, Kelli and Kitty. THANKYOU for taking the time to post a comment. I wish each and everyone of you were near to come to lunch or dinner for that matter! How about afternoon Tea? It would be so much fun to meet you all in person. We'd have a good time. Thankyou for your support. I already consider you all friends.

Perri said...

Love the tips! I love Dollar tree to buy little do dahs for the table! And you are so right on the goblets! They are perfect and you don't have a heart attack if one gets broken! Great job!! You are one step ahead of me I am having issues getting pictures posted on mine! Hugs Perri

Mary said...

Hi Nann~ Your pumpkin plates are perfect for your Autumn luncheons~ what a bargain too! I love your purple tablecloth~ what a wonderful foundation and color for all your fall elements!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments & visit! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous table! Amazing job! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

mtashie said...

Thanks for stopping by my site Nann! So happy to have found your blog. I'm a new follower! You should give us the punch recipe!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your table looks welcoming and wonderful! Congratulations on your new blog! You're off to a beautiful start!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Everything looks perfect. I love the invitations and the tablescape is stunning. Thanks so much for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Desire Empire said...

Gee your guest must of had a lovely time considering all the care you have taken to ensure their enjoyment.

Welcome to blog land.. It's a great journey!!!

Mindy @ The Howell Blessings said...

Hi Nann! I totally agree with you that all the details make a difference when trying to make your guest feel welcomed and special, the fragrance of baking, a crackling fireplace, soft music in the background and smiles on our faces as we greet them at the door. I always try to keep in mind what I like and pass that on as to others as well.

Thanks for sharing your luncheon. I love the pumpkin plates! It all looks beautiful. I'm glad you've joined us!

Miss Mindy
The Howell Blessings

Kathleen said...

Beautiful table, that was some buy on the plates! I always regret not buying double the amount on items like that too!
Love the napkin rings, so pretty!
So nice to meet you, thank you for stopping by!

Tess said...

You are the perfect hostess, thinking of everything to make your guests' experience superb! Your table is beautiful and I'm sure everyone had a lovely time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...