Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 8: The Twelve Days of Christmas

  Welcome.....Time is passing quickly and its time for






Day 8: Eight Maids A Milking
of TheTwelve Days of Christmas 
and our rendition is…. ta da.....
White Chocolate Mousse Dessert Shooters
                                                  Two Ways                                                     


Picture 1: Little White Dessert Buckets for Children.
The buckets are filled with White Chocolate Mousse, topped off with shaved white chocolate and garnished with a fresh raspberry and mint leaves. The sweet little white ceremic cow holds more fresh raspberries and has a small bell tied around her neck. They are all sitting in a bed of 'irredescent snow'




Picture 2: Mini Dessert Shooters for Adults
These shot glasses are filled with the white mousse and layered with the shaved white chocolate and then topped off with more mousse and more shaved white chocolate.
NOTE: Mini Dessert Shooters are all the rage now. Many restaurants offer you a choice of two or three mini desserts instead of just one full size dessert. This then gives a nice sampling of different desserts.




                        A White Chocolate Mousse Tutorial
A. Start with a 3.3 oz. package of White Chocolate Instant Pudding and put into a bowl.
B. Add one cup of whole milk
C. With a wire whisk, mix well until blended. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken
D. Whip one cup whipping cream and add 2 Tablespoons Powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
E. Here is the whipped cream when finished
F. Add whipped cream to the pudding and (see G.)


G. Gently fold whipped cream into the pudding until well blended.
H. With a paring knife or small utility knife (at an angle) carefully pull across the top of the white chocolate to make curls and shavings. (see info below about where to purchase white chocolate.)
I. Here is another view of H.
J. Fill shot glasses or little buckets half full with the prepared mousse mixture.
K. Add a layer of the shaved white chocolate.
L. Add more white mousse until filled and level off at the top. Put more white chocolate shavings to cover top.


For the Adults
The shot glass (also called 'shooters') looks so pretty and is ready to serve. You can buy these type of glasses at specialty kitchen stores, party stores and I have seen them at places like 'Pier 1' and 'Bed Bath and Beyond.' They come taller and skinnier and shorter and more tapered, round and square. And they usually have the small mini dessert spoons to go with them. They are well worth the investment. I have several types and love to use them. You'll see more appetizers and desserts using them  in future blog posts.


You can see a closer view here of the 'shaved' white chocolate. You can buy the white chocolate which is sometimes called White Almond Bark in 24 oz. pkgs holding 12-2oz portions. They are in the grocery isle where the chocolate chips are located.



My 14 year old grandson from Texas took the last three photos. Notice in this photo how he 'fogged' the cranberries and leaves while the top is in sharp focus. I was so proud of him. He takes great pride in his photography skills and I can see why. He can run my camera better than I can and has shown me things I did not know how to do. I'm so glad that he and his family came out for Christmas to be with us.



The shot glasses are filled and plated on a white ceramic plate and are ready to serve. Here the plate is garnished with fresh whole cranberries and leaves.


For the Children


Fill the little buckets (I got them at the Dollar Store 3/$1) with the white mousse. If you have oreo cookies you could crush some and layer it in the middle then add more mousse and top if off with the white chocolate shavings and raspberry and mint leaves.
                                                                               


Aren't these adorable and the kids love them. If you don't have time to make the mousse then try ice cream and top with whipped cream and sweetened flake coconut to give the same look.



Our little ceramic cow was purchased at Shopko but I have also seen them at Bed Bath & Beyond. The little bell is from the wedding section of the Dollar store. I think you get a package of 8 or 12 for $1. And they really ring. Isn't she just the cutest little thing. The grandkids want to name her. (smile)

                                                                                

All dressed up and on a silver charger covered with  'irredescent snow' the children will be delighted to dig into these cuties. And they really taste good. My family LOVED them. My son said he wanted to lick the shooter glass. It made me laugh. So do try them. So Simple and Easy to make but YUM-MIE!!!!
                                                                                   



And don't forget the adults at your next party. Make two or three of these mini desserts and pass them on trays. Your guests will think you are the hostess with the mostest. They are so fun to make and so good to eat. And expect rave reviews!!
                                                                              

Thankyou again for joining me on my journey here with the Twelve Days of Christmas. It's always so nice when you drop by. I appreciate your interest as I get my blog established. There are many more wonderful things to come and I'm so excited to share them with you.

From my table to yours,

Nann

                                                                         I am participating in:


                                                                           Inspiration Friday
                                                              http://www.atthepicketfence.com/
                                                                          Show and Tell Friday
                                                               http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

                                                                         Rock and Share Party
                              http://atnannstable.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-9-twelve-days-of-christmas.html

                                                                            Open House Party
                                                             http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/

                                                                          Kristens Creations
                                                    http://kristenscreationsonline.blogspot.com/

                                                                        Thriving on Thursdays
                                                                http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/

                                                                         Wow Us Wednesday
                                          http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/wow-us-wednesdays-47.html

                                                                         Tabletop Tuesday
                                         http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2012/01/97th-table-top-tuesday.html
                                                              
                                                                          Newbie Party
               http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-no-sew-burlap-pillow-grain-sacks.html

                                                                       Seasonal Sunday
                           http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2011/12/seasonal-sundays-81new-years-review.html

                                                                       Pink Saturday
                                                         http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

                                                                    2805 Potpourri Friday
                                                         http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/

                                                                       Foodie Friday
                                                           http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

                                                                   Tablescape Thursday
                      http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/12/elegant-dining-in-brumby-hall-welcome.html



28 comments:

Mary F said...

Oh My! These look absolutely scrumptious! I love the "mini" dessert samplers that all of the restaurants are doing. You get to try a little bit of everything!

Thanks for stopping by! You have a lovely blog and your photos are gorgeous! I'm here happily following back from Foodie Friday.

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Kelli, (The Pharmcook) said...

These are absolutely beautiful! I love white chocolate and will try these very soon. Yum.

Sallie said...

Nann, your shooters are incredible! I've never made mousse, but I think I will be giving it a try. I love your presentation and photos. Very professional! I'm pinning this.
If you set up a gmail account and link it to blogger we can e-mail you when you leave a comment. Right now you are a "noreply-comment" blogger. Just a hint to a newbie.

Anonymous said...

Great job your grandson did for taking those pictures!

Emily

Calypso In The Country said...

Your blog is beautiful and those desserts look amazing! I am definitely someone with a sweet tooth! Thank you so much for stopping by with your very kind comment! I look forward to reading more of your blog. Best wishes for the new year!
-Shelley

Cheryl said...

Oh my! These are trouble! between these and the swans! Heehee..
I will need to make these tomorrow night as my new year resolution is to cut out sweets.. at least for awhile.. lol.. Yummy!
Thank you for the return visit to my blog!
Happy New Year! Xoxo

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Nann, your beautiful, delicious desserts are not helping my resolve to lose some pounds this new year!! I want to try everything you present. You do a fabulous job making a wide variety of wonderful, mouth watering sweets and displaying them beautiful. Happy New Year to a sweet new blogging friend!!-------- Shannon

Cheryl said...

Hi Nann,
I am dying to here what you have in mind!! My email is: unqantq@comcast.net ...
Happy New Year!! Now I have to go make those swans and shooters!! heehee!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, how amazing!!! Nann, you are so clever--and this all looks so delicious. Wishing you a Happy New Year ahead!!! xo Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Nann,
I don't have your email--I can't find it! But, I have 2 EASY tutorials to show you how to change your column width any time you need to...and I have one for adding a blog button...If you email me, I will send you the links directly to them!!!

I'm at: Cindylou_20@hotmail.com

You are an AMAZING blogger, my friend!!!

xo
Cindy

Summer Gypsy said...

Hi there!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by on this New Year's Eve and for your very kind comments.

The little blue cottage on the sidebar is not my cottage, but I so love it. It was featured in Country Living many years ago, along with other tiny spaces by a noted architect from Carmel, CA. I've adored it from first sight!

I am in the heart of Dixie, and this girl loves her dessert time; so, I am surely following your beautiful blog now! This dessert looks heavenly.

So nice to meet you! Happy New Year!

:)Marilyn

Ann said...

My goodness your dinner parties must be the most wonderful events. These look heavely, cocoanut is my favorite flavoring of all.

Delicious Dishes by Debbie said...

Once again you have outdone yourself. Totally genius and beautiful.

chubskulit said...

Yummy. Came to wish you a happy new year. Drop by to see my PINK when you get a chance. Thanks!

Lorraine said...

I'm loving your 12 days of Christmas!! So creative and I'm sure very yummy! Happy New Year!

Dianne said...

These look delicious. I am not a chocolate fan, but I love white chocolate so this recipe will go in my files. I love how the little bell dresses up that ever so popular cow pitcher for the holiday party! Happy New Year! Dianne

Donna said...

OMG--just finally got time to look at this posting and I LOVE this idea and recipe! My granddaughter just loves white chocolate and will be thrilled when I whip this up for her when she comes home from college sometime soon. Your blog is amazing as are you!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh these mini shooters look so yummy! I love the little buckets you have them in! Great idea

Happy New Year!
mary

wheatgerm said...

hmmm this is making me hungry

Kathleen said...

They look wonderful! What a pretty presentation!
Happy 2012, Nann, so glad I got to meet you, blogwise! :)

Shannon's Shanonigins said...

Nancy, I love these, they are beautiful, and I LOVE white chocolate mousse. This is a real keeper. What a great winter white dessert :)

Paxton said...

You make the most gorgeous foods! So pretty! And to think I just got rid of a bunch of my shot glasses from college, NOW they come in handy ;-)

Thank you for the recipes!

Jann Olson said...

Hi Nancy, Your blog is super fun! You are such an inventive cook. Boy do these ever look YUM-O! That's a word my daughter uses. I think It's because when you take a bite of something delicious like these you say, 'YUM' and then it's followed by an 'OH'. Thanks for the great tutorial. Keeping these in mind for Valentines. Love the little bucket idea. So glad you found me because now I have found you. Now following. Have a wonderful New Year!

Honey at 2805 said...

Fabulous! Be still my heart!
Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

The Tablescaper said...

You have an amazing imagination.

- The Tablescaper

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I have so enjoyed this series. Thanks for joining TTT. These look soooooooo yummy. Hugs, Marty

Mel Cole said...

i'm amazed, wow! i'd like to taste it. :) Hope to see you in my Pink Saturday entries one and two. Happy New Year!

Bliss said...

Can you just come live with me and make all my food cute like this?

~Bliss~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...