Monday, December 12, 2011

Decorating My Home for Christmas



Today has been about seeing and visiting with a 91 year old friend. Baking and decorating cookies for children in the neighborhood and getting some of the CHRISTMAS DECORATING done. A FUN project I've been working on is my HUTCH. We change it out for Holidays and the seasons. And now its decorated for Christmas. And here it is.


My Gingerbread Decorated Hutch



I wanted you to see the hutch BEFORE it was decorated with the doors closed.




And with the doors open.



This hutch was my mothers before she passed away. And then it came to me. It has a place of prominence in our family room.


This darling set of  Gingerbread Plates, Cups and Bowls was a gift to me from my oldest daughter. I have used them for years. They are a delight to both children and adults alike.





This cute little wooden tree has a European feel to it and I bought it at a thrift store. Small candles should go into the holders but birthday candles are actually too small. So I'm looking for larger ones. 




The Gingerbread girl I picked up at a Thrift store. The Christmas Candle Sticks and Large Teapot were a gift from another daughter.

                                                                                  


Isn't this tea set just the cutest thing. My little grandaughters love it.



My Gingerbread Decorated Hutch


                                                                              
THANKYOU for joining me.

From my home to yours,

Nann

I participate in the following.

http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Grab My Button


Photobucket






http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/


Between Naps On The Porch
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-porch.html#more













http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2011/12/94th-table-top-tuesday.html


 

9 comments:

Chubby N Chieque said...

What a wonderful way of revamping the kitchen to welcome the Lord.

Stunning.

Greetings from Stockholm,
/chie

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Nann, I'm sorry you missed the party but I certainly understand how busy everyone is. Sounds as if you are spreading good cheer all around which is what it's all about anyway. Your gingerbread dishes are so cute. I bet your grandchildren think they are fun. It has been lots of fun seeing the variety of gingerbread items that bloggers have.
I enjoy your blog very much. Merry Christmas----Shannon

allisamazing said...

Oh so cute. I love how you decorated with great finds and beautiful gifts. I am going to click the "follow" button to your wonderful blog :)

kitty said...

I love your dishes...we both have the sponge painted border. Yours are too cute with the gingerbread people...I love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Perri Here, I love this! It is stunning, you are doing such a great job on your blog I really am enjoying it, wish I could get into mine !!!!

Delicious Dishes by Debbie said...

Beautiful as always...Love that hutch. It is so versatile. Wonderful job.

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

Nancy, this is beautiful! You certainly have an eye for design.
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Donna said...

You are a great decorator Nancy! Your holidays decorations are so pretty!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nann,
Been visiting your sweet blog and I LOVE this cute hutch decorated with Gingerbread men!! Charming!

Hugs,
Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...