Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 12: The Last Day of the Twelve Days of Christmas


 January 6th is Epiphany or The Three Kings Day. It celebrates the arrival of the Three Kings who brought gifts of gold , frankincense, and myrrh to the Christ child. And this was the last day of the Twelve Days of Christmas Celebrations. During medieval times they started on December 25th and ended on January 6th. What has made them so popular in our day is the song. But today is the Twelfth Day and......
12 Drummers Drumming
               
                        Fancy Pants Baked Drumsticks
Aren't these golden brown chicken drumsticks just darling!! All dressed up for the celebration and ready to eat.
A tutorial follows on how to make the white 'booties.'



First, Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.



Rinse your drumsticks or chicken pieces under running water and drain in a bowl or on a paper towel.



In a gallon ziplock bag put about 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tsp. Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Shake the bag to mix. Put two pieces of chicken at a time into the bag and shake until the chicken is well coated.


                       
                                                                                    
Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the floured chicken on the sheet
                                                             



                 .

Pour about one tablespoon of melted butter over each drumstick
                                                                             



Bake for one hour or longer until the juices run clear when poked with a fork and they are golden brown. Meanwhile the chicken is baking, make the filly booties/pants for the chicken legs



     A Frilly 'Bootie/Pants' Tutorial for Chicken Legs

    1. Cut a piece of FREEZER paper 4 ½ inches by 5 ½ inches. If it's not perfect that is OK.
    
2. Fold in in half so the shiny side is inside.

3. With scissors cut into folded side about 2/3 way through but not to the end. Continue doing this to the end of the fold.
4. Here you see the paper cut completely across the fold.
5. Invert the paper so that the shiny side is now on the outside.
6. Holding the ends together carefully wrap around your finger.
7. Do NOT make it too tight. It should be large enough so it will fit over  the end of the drumstick.
8. With a piece of transparent  tape, tape the ends overlapping each other. Tape it on the inside too. If you have a small stapler it helps to staple it also.
9. Slightly press against the top to spread the frills out so they are slightly open. You are now ready to put it on the drumstick.                                                          


    Carefully put bootie on the drumstick end. You may have to cut some of the fat/grissle from the end of the leg to get it to fit. Play around with it until it goes on.


                                                                        
                                                                                
      If desired cut about a 3-4 inch length of ribbon that is 1/2 inch wide. Wrap and tape around the top of the bootie. If you do this you need to add it BEFORE you put the bootie on the leg. Place the legs on a platter. Here I put them on a round platter.


If desired garnish the platter or put a bowl of your favorite dip in the center to serve with the chicken. Or serve the chicken as a main dish with mashed potatoes and gravy made from the delicious drippings of the cooked chicken.
                                                              
Expect raves from both adults and children. They'll never look at drumsticks again in the same way. This elevates them to 'Royalty.'  ENJOY!


Thankyou for joining me today for this, our 12th and FINAL day of the Twelve Days of Christmas.....
Twelve Drummers Drumming. 

This has been a wonderful journey for me in bringing the Twelve Days of Christmas to you with fun and delicious foods. I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I have in bringing it to you.

  From My Table to Yours,


Nann



Come check out some great blogs at:

Thriving On Thursdays
http://www.domesblissity.blogspot.com/

Wow Us Wednesdays
http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/


Cozy Home Party
http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/

Tabletop Tuesday
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Newbies Party



Sunday's Best                          





24 comments:

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann. You've outdone yourself again. These are so cute. I love how you made your own little white frills. How gorgeous.

Anne xx

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I have really enjoyed this series, Nann! Such fabulous and pretty ideas! The frog prince is a real cutie that I will share with my daughter for the grandies! I hope that your 2012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday!...hugs...Debbie

Cindy Adkins said...

These are SO fancy and they look delicious AND gorgeous!!! I just posted your blog button on my blog, so now when I click it, it takes me right to your blog--yay!!! xo Cindy

Perri said...

OH my another one over the top, you are so creative, they look fantastic, what a darling series you have done looking forward to see what you come up with next!!! XO Perri

Delicious Dishes by Debbie said...

YOU DID IT. congratulations on completing a wonderful and inspiring group of 12 Days of Christmas Blog Postings. Each and every one is beautiful, creative and wonderful. You have proven that even in times of trouble, you still have it together girl. Way to go and great job.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

They are so cute! Congrats on creatively making all 12 days:@)

Cheryl said...

Nann,
These look Yummy!!! Too yummy to eat!! heehee!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your 12 days of Christmas!! I may of gained 12lbs doing it, but it was worth it!! LOL!!!
I am loving your new header!! Job well done!!
xoxoxox
Cheryl;-)

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

Lady Nann, great ending to a great series! What an awesome start you have had on your blog. Great job! :)))

Kathleen said...

I loved the whole series, Nann, just so creative!
Nann, you have a no reply address, so if you ask someone a question they can't answer you. It is easy to fix on your dashboard.

You asked what program I use for my header. None, I just pick the picture I want from my files.
I didn't even know there were programs to do that, LOL!
Hope that helps, now go fix that no reply addy thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Nann, these are so cute! Nice tutorial on making the little frills! Sharon

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Those are adorable Nann. I love how you make your food special with presentation.

I didn't notice an e-mail attached to your blog, so would you do me a favor and e-mail me. (Find my e-mail on my profile or my blog). I'd love to feature your blog next week.

Anonymous said...

Donna Bardocz (Grand Minnie herer)--I think you came up with such an adorable idea for your last and final day presentation! It is just so pretty and I bet they tasted wonderful. I liked how you baked instead of fried them too. :-) Nancy, you are so talented!

Mary said...

You are so clever! The drumsticks sound delicious and your instructions for making the frills are really great. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Rosie Goins said...

Thanks for visiting me at Dogs and Grandkids. I am glad you liked my series on Blog Design. I am a new follower.

Mary said...

Back to try and answer your question. First, you want to make a copy of the photo you are going to use and the url of the post you want to link to. Then using the compose option in the post at the top of the screen click on the picture function. You will get a screen and be asked to select the photo you want to use and provide info about its size and placement on the screen. The browse function will take you to the picture you saved. Upload the picture. It will appear on your post. I then name the photo and highlight it for linking. I click on the link button and copy in the url of the post I want the photo to represent. That establishes the link. I hope this is understandable. Good luck! Blessings...Mary

Aledia said...

Nann,
Thank You for stopping by and leaving me such a sweet comment and for being my newest follower!!

I am now following you as well :)

I just LOVE your 12 drummers drumming, you did a fantastic tutorial as well... I will certainly have to try my hand at these.

Have a blessed day....
Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Patti said...

Oh, Nann, those are adorable. I am going to have to go back and take a look at the other 11 days of Christmas. What a fun idea!

I have long been into celebratory kinds of dinners. We used to have "color day," "country day," "Days of creation", etc.

By the way, it looks like you are new to blogging. I have loved blogging...been doing it since early 2006, though I did take a 15 month break during 2009/2010. Anyhow, it's great that you've taken the plunge and joined the blogosphere. Hope you make lots of great friends by being here.

Blessings,
Patti

The Tablescaper said...

I so love your 12 days of Christmas! I'm so happy you brought your post to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Hello again Nann. Did you just change your header? I really like it! I know I commented before, but just wanted to stop by to thank you for linking up to my party and adding the button to your sidebar. Talk to you in a few days, my friend!

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Hello again Nann. Did you just change your header? I really like it! I know I commented before, but just wanted to stop by to thank you for linking up to my party and adding the button to your sidebar. Talk to you in a few days, my friend!

Jennifer said...

Just came over from Between Naps on the Porch. Loved looking through your 12 Days of Christmas!

cathy@My1929Charmer said...

What a really great series. The chicken is adorable, love how dressed up you made them. They also sound delicious and a great tutorial on how your made their pants! I like that they are baked instead of fried. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Jann Olson said...

Nancy, how clever! I loved all of your 12 days. Very creative lady!
Jann

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I found you at the Cozy Home Party, and am your newest follower. I love how you made your own little white frillies. I'm going to enjoy looking at the rest of the Days. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...