Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 9: The Twelve Days of Christmas



Welcome to Day 9: Nine Ladies Dancing of The Twelve

Days of Christmas. In Truth, the 12 Days really started on

December 25 and ended on Epiphany, January 6th. Over the

centuries people have forgotten and now celebrate it

throughout  December. But if we were celebrating the 12

Days as originally celebrated, TODAY January 2nd would

be the Nineth Day of Christmas

Presenting our interpretation of Nine Ladies Dancing....


Pink Lady Slipper Sodas

When I think of Dancing during the Christmas Season I think of the  'The Nutcracker Ballet.' And so we have these darling champagne flutes decked out in 'tutus' and ready for the ballet.


Ceramic ballet slippers are of course the star and announce the pink lady slipper sodas to the audience. There is a name of an alcoholic beverage entitled 'Lady Slippers' but I wanted these to be for adults and children so made old fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas.

Note: The ceramic ballet slippers were purchased at a thrift store. I added the flowers.




<><><><><> <>
And here is the whole ballet troupe. All ready for the performance!!


How to make the 'Pink Lady Slipper Sodas'
(A Tutorial)

Start with a champagne flute and put four or five small tape 'loops' that you make toward the bottom third of the flute.

Cut about 7 1/4 inch lenths of gathered pink ribbon for each flute.  Note: I purchased this ribbon on a roll from Walmart.


Press a ribbon piece onto flute covering the tape loops. Press firmly for the ribbon to stay down.

Pour about a tablespoon of strawberry syrup and a heaping tablespoon of sweetened sliced strawberries (from a carton of frozen sliced strawberries that have been defrosted) into the flute.
Next mix about 1 Tablespoon strawberry syrup and 1 Tablespoon cream together. (Use this amount per flute)
                                                                                  
Photo 1- Mix about 1/2 to 2/3 cup sprite with the strawberry cream mixture.
Photo 2- Pour it into the flute.
Photos 3 & 4- Add a very small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Photo 5- Tie a piece of thin pink ribbon (12 inches in length)around a clear straw toward the top.
Photo 6- Squirt Redi Whip topping on top of ice cream and top with a small piece of strawberry and insert the straw.


Put them on your stage to 'serve'
Note:The champagne flutes are from the Dollar Store

ENJOY the Ballet!!!
                                                                                 


Thankyou for joining me today. I do hope you will make these

delicious and fun Pink Lady Slipper Sodas. Your family and

guests will love them.

From My Table to Yours,

17 comments:

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann. These are just lovely. I think if my daughter sees these this will be the theme of her birthday this year, ballerinas. Just gorgeous.

Anne xx

Chris said...

Hi Nann, what a delightful idea. You did a beautiful job - it makes me wish that I were throwing a party, LOL Thanks so much for sharing and Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

(Sorry Nann to bother you but just had to reply to your message.)

Oh Nan. That's so, so sweet what you said. It brought a tear to my eye. It's funny how we're so far away and come from such different lives but have so many similarities. The internet and blogging certainly has opened up the world for so many people which I'm so grateful for.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. We lost my mother-in-law a couple weeks ago now on the 21st of December. She had cancer in so much of her body for the last 2 years and just couldn't fight it any longer. It was a very sad time for my husband who went interstate, where his parents live, to be with his Dad. (He's an only child.) I made sure Christmas went ahead for my kids and spent a few days with my mother and sister who are here in town with me. My husband drove back last Friday and brought his Dad with him. He's been a real pleasure to have around the house because I've been keeping him busy with odd jobs. He seems in very good spirits considering his wife, of 49 years, has just passed away. I think it will hit him once he goes home and is alone. He has a lot to keep him busy with senior's clubs and bus trips etc. I just hope he does. He's always going to be welcome here no matter what and is only a 2hour plane flight away.

I can't wait to try those sodas out on my kids and I can't wait to see what other lovely things you have in store for us all in 2012. Thanks so much for visiting again and I hope our friendship continues to grow.

My thoughts and prayers are with your and your family.

Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Grandmereb here--what a great idea and so very very beautiful too! I love your Pink Lady Slipper Sodas!

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

These are precious! :) You have outdone yourself again! I am going to share a link on my facebook Pharmcook page and my personal facebook wall. I love these because they are easy, and you have given GREAT step by step instructions. These would be such a hit at a little girls birthday party! Great job! :)

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Your Pink Lady Slippers sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Delicious Dishes by Debbie said...

Another awesome job. These are so cute...I'll have to steal the idea if I ever have a party for little girls..and might even do it for us "big" girls too. Beautiful.

Michelle said...

These are adorable I love the mini glasses used. I did something similar with a chilled soup recipe. Great presentation :)

Anonymous said...

These are so adorable!! What a creative idea. You never cease to amaze me. I am going to share this idea with several friends for their daughters parties.
Dee

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Thank you all for your comments. It means alot to me.

Nann

D @ The Shady Porch said...

These are nearly to pretty to drink but then I see the recipe and I think I could drink a lot of them! haha Great idea and presentation! Thanks for sharing!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now those are just the cutest flutes in tutus! This looks delightful.

SusieQTpies Scraps said...

Adorable! This is awesome! Stop over and link it up in my Happy Friday Drink link up!!! I'd love to have you! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-friday-link-up-drink.html

ps- link up as many drinks as you want :)

Susie

Honey at 2805 said...

These are so pretty, Nann! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

They look delicious!


XO, Aimee

Alycia Nichols said...

This has got to be one of the cutest and sweetest (pun intended!) ideas I've seen in a long while! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I will most definitely be doing something similar at a future party. Just TOO adorable!!!

Jackie@Adventuresinhomelife said...

I can't wait to try these! I have two little ballerinas who would love them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...