Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting Ready for a Party ..... Joy in the Journey

This Saturday I'm giving a Valentines Birthday Luncheon
for some ladies from Relief Society which is our womens organization at church. And I wanted to share with you some of the preparations. Much of the fun in giving a party is in the preparations. One of my daughters learned this valuable lesson when she was only eight years old. We were preparing for our four years old daughters birthday party and my daughter Karen just loved to help me. She helped with the favors and the decorating. It was going to be using the Mickey Mouse motif and we had even bought a cake pan in the shape of Mickeys head. It came out of the pan perfectly. She helped make the icing and I showed her how to use a star tip to easily decorate him in the various colors. She did a magnificent job for an eight year old. And she was so very proud of herself. Well we had the party and it was a great success. All the children had so much fun. After... when we were cleaning up, Karen said 'Mama, you know getting ready for the party was alot more fun than the party.' I chuckled to myself for she learned a truth at such a young age. My mother use to tell me that 'Anticipation is often greater than the event.' And she was so right. I guess another way of saying it....its not just the destination but the





Joy in the Journey

These are the invitations that were hand delivered or sent to each person.

                                                                                   

                                                                                     

The paper is white with a pink and white square border around it. I purchased it at an office supply store. One hundred sheets came in a package. And I gave out or sent 30 invitations. The rest of the paper will be used in the future and possibly with a story or quotes to give out at the luncheon. I love the pink as it is so feminine and pretty. To give the invitation a little more 'custom look' I glued a small pink bow with a heart shaped 'jewel' at the top. I also meant to put on some white glitter on part of the edges but time got away from me.




I rolled up the invitation and tied it with small lengths of Pink Tulle. Then tucked a smallish silk flower under the tie and added a name tag. This tag is of this lovely Victorian Lady looking at roses. Some of the flowers I used were pale pink roses as shown here and some were with other pale pink flowers.

Thankyou for joining me today. I enjoyed sharing with you and will show more as the week progresses. It truly will be a beautiful affaire and I would love to have you join me.

Nann

PS. Don't forget to sign up for our Valentines Tea for
Two giveaway. That's two sets of cups and saucers as
shown below. You can put in up to six entries by
commenting on the previous post.(See post for
details.)  Good Luck. We'll be announcing the winner
on Saturday night Feb. 4th.



23 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

Good morning, Nann! I absolutely love what you did with the invitations!!!!!!! What woman wouldn't be thrilled to tears to receive such a beautifully constructed invitation? So pretty!

Cheryl said...

Good morning Nann! Your invitations are lovely!! so sweet! I can not wait to see the rest of the luncheon! I know it is going to be fab!!! over the top!! I wish I lived closer!! I would crash the party.. heehee
xoxoxox Cheryl;-)

Bliss said...

You're mama was one smart lady and you are a great friend to your friends. How fun. Is this a dress up fancy type affair? I'm picking out what to wear....

~Bliss~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

So sweet! Love the invites

Nellie said...

What lovely invitations! I look forward to hearing more about the "affaire.":-)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So pretty and so special. I love the special touches and the thought you added to such beautiful invitations. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Hi Nann. What a lovely sounding party and beautiful invitations. I just can't wait to see the preparations unfold. It should be beautiful. I've always enJOYed the journey. The lead up to birthdays and Christmas is always so much fun for me. I love organising it.

Love from downunder,
Anne xx

Jo's This and That said...

Waiting at the mail box! Lol love your invitations. Cannot wait to see the food you cook up! Thanks for sharing, love your new header too,Joann

Jo's This and That said...

Waiting at the mail box! Lol love your invitations. Cannot wait to see the food you cook up! Thanks for sharing, love your new header too,Joann

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Oh Nann, you sure go all out! I'd love to be invited to one of your parties with all the special touches in both decorating and food that you do. My mom is like you. We don't entertain as much anymore, but when we do, it's so fun to plan the menus and decorate the house, etc.

The final presentation picture of your invitation looks like it should be in a magazine. Great job!

Thank you for linking this up to my party and for being so loyal to come each week!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, how gorgeous!!! So dreamily beautiful!!!
XO
Cindy

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

so absolutely gorgeous and elegant! i am sure everyone will have a fabulous time!!!! thank you so much for dropping by the cottage market -- hugs from your newest follower : )

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

You have such attention to detail. The invitations are beautiful and the presentation is over the top!

Debra

Kathleen said...

The invitations are beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest!

KC Quaretti- Lee said...

Lady Nann, your invitations are absolutely divine and the ultimate in femininity!!! How delightful!

Anonymous said...

Nann ~ I just loved the story of you daughter & her decorating the Mickey cake. How sweet. What a wonderful memory ~ Thank you for sharing. Oh, I am waiting on my invite too!! LOL
Dee

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Sanghamitra.

A Perfect Setting said...

Yes, I find myself having just as much or more fun preparing as well! During the event I am always hurrying around trying to tidy up or refill this or that. I absolutely love your creative invitations! So beautiful!

Marti McClure said...

Your invitations are lovely, and I love the way you rolled them up. I hope you have a wonderful party! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Anonymous said...

This is Donna Bardocz or Grand Minnie...Wow Nancy, I just loved your invitation--so beautiful! I have never been invited to a Valentine's Day Party! How fun!!!

Rebecka Evans said...

Nann, what a lovely party you've created! I'm with you, party preparations and anticipation is so much fun! I'm loving your new blog!!

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Hi Nann-

Just wanted you to know your beautiful invitations were featured on my party this week. I love all your creative and unique ideas for making any event special. Thanks for sharing this, and I hope to see you at the party next week if you get the chance.

Shannon

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

What a beautiful idea for a luncheon. I love those heart shaped saucers!!

Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
Karah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...