Friday, February 10, 2012

An Affaire to Remember




Many of you have been patiently waiting to see the tables for the Valentines Birthday Luncheon that I gave last week. So today I am going to share with you some of my favorite photos.  First off I LOVE the color pink. I love other colors as well,  but pink is pretty near the top of the list. So here we go. Enjoy!

  Simple but Elegant
                                                                                  
                                                                                       
Some of the tables were covered with a pale pink tablecloth and then a white crocheted or white lace tablecloth over the top
.
Simple cream/white plates with gold rims are at each place setting.
The salad plates are not on the large plates as each person was served their salad.

The goldware I procured one placesetting at a time when our children were small. 

The placecards had not yet been put on the tables when this photo was taken.




This is one of the centerpieces I made for the tables (I made a total of two of these).  I took a tall footed glass vase and filled it about two thirds full of plain white sugar. I had alot of pastel pink candy sticks on hand that I had purchased from a local candy store in bulk.  I stuck  several of them in the sugar going around the inside of the rim. Then I added some silk fowers I already had. Then added few pink glittered hearts on long pics that I found at the dollar store. I then wrapped pale pink ribbon  few inches below the rim and  tyed bows with short streamers on both sides of the vase. Then added some sticky glittered hearts on the center of the bows and on the sides.

This view is from an upstairs balcony looking down.



          The next few photos are of a table just for four. You can see the placecards on this this table. 

        Gold chargers and salad plates were added to these placesettings.  I sprinkled pink silk rose petals around the table.
                                                                  



                                                    
                          

   Old Fashioned Tussie Mussie Favors


                                                                    
I made 'Tussie Mussies' out of scrapbook paper for the favors. I will give a tutorial of how to do it in a later post.   I wrapped candies in the pale pink tulle and put it in the cone. Add then added shredded pink paper to the inside and hot glued more at the bottom of the cones. I had wrapped dyed and crinkled seam binding around the center and hot glued a little silk rose in the center. Some  of the cones had a pale pink seam binding ribbon and some had raspberry colored seam binding ribbon.  I used colors to match the little flowers in the scrapbook paper.


                     

             The placecards that I made. See the earlier post
        and tutorial.


   This is an antique teapot that is filled with pale pink
 paper roses and silk  flowers.     
           I added soft pink tulle bunched up under all  the
 centerpieces.  I love the effect that it gives.


                                                                     


                                                                                      
                This truly was an  ' Affaire to Remember.'  
                                                                                 


Thankyou for joining me today. 

Nann
Lauries Valentine Party
Tickled Pink Fridays http://www.504main.com/

34 comments:

Aledia said...

Oh Nann!!

This is so beautiful!!! I love everything but I just adore your little
'Tussie Mussies' and the crochet tablecloth is just gorgeous!!

You did a fantastic job!

(hugs)
Aledia

Shabby chic Sandy said...

It doesn't get much more beautiful and sweet than that. Thanks for sharing!

Lorraine said...

Sooo sweet! Love the Tussie Mussies! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

You did a fabulous job! I love the goldware and your place cards and the tussie mussie favors....I love it all!
So happy you shared with us and Happy Valentines Day!
♥ Jil

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann! Just breathtaking! What a lucky bunch of friends you have to have enjoyed such a beautiful luncheon. It's just so pretty.

Anne xx

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

An absolutely beautiful table setting!! I love the tussie Mussies!
I make mine using old sewing thread cones and they are always a favorite at the Craft Fairs that I participate in.
I adore the photos that were taken from the balcony! Breath taking!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous! Love your ideas, you out did yourself on this one thanks for sharing perri

KC Quaretti- Lee said...

Nancy,
I think your centerpieces are spectacular and love the femininity of your tables!

The name of your party made me smile; my mother-in-law was Cary Grant's fiance when he fell in love with Derbora Kerr on the ship in the movie an Affair to Remember!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You truly outdid yourself. I love the pink, the sugar in the vase, the tussie mussies, oh well, I guess I can just say I LOVE IT ALL!!!!
Love, Dee

Nellie said...

This is an absolutely lovely post, Nann! I just love it! Pink is one of my favorite colors, too! I know your guests had a truly memorable time!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nann you did a gorgeous job. Oh my I would have been in heaven at this table. I love PINK and the tulle just sent me over the edge...really lovely and your attention to details is what makes it so very special. Hugs, Linda

Mari said...

Absolutely beautiful, and ohhhhh sooooooo romantic....

Happy PS!

Bliss said...

Pink shouts girls, and that's what your day was about. My fav's.... the sugar in the vase and the crochet table cloth. I hope your gal pals appreciate the beauty of the day you created for them.

~Bliss~

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hello Nan,
Wanted to let you know I love how you put together your pink tea. Everything is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Nancy

RobinfromCA said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a fun party and such lucky attendants! I've never used tulle in a centerpiece before but I use it for so many other things...now it's going to have a new job at my house. Thanks for the inspiration!
Robin

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful tablescape! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #16)

Scribbler said...

Such a dreamy girly table, one of the prettiest things I have ever seen!

Pat's Pink Apron said...

Very pretty Nann! I love this table. Happy Valentines Day!
Pat

Jo's This and That said...

Beautiful! I love it all! You Are too good! It could have only been better if I was there! Joann

Jo's This and That said...

http://josthisandthat.blogspot.com/2012/02/copycat-from-nanns-table.html

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

Your tables are so pretty! I am sure everyone felt very welcome and special.

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful and romantic table. So much attention to detail. I'm so happy that you decided to join Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll be here next week too!

- The Tablescaper

Holly Lefevre said...

So pretty (and I love pink!). All of the special touches and details are amazing. Love the sugar in the vase!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Nann,

So nice to meet you! Thank you for coming to visit me and for your sweet comments. I love that you signed up to follow me. I will follow you as well. Love your pretty table settings! I would have loved to be invited to your party! So very pretty! Love the tussie mussies, and pretty place cards too. See you again!

Debbie

Audrey @ DefrumpMe said...

Oh my! This is just sooo beautiful! Love the pink tulle! Just gorgeous. Pinned this tablescape...

Visiting you from Between Naps on the Porch linky party!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely......


Fiona in Ireland

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Nann Sweetie...
What a gorgeous table setting you have shared. I love the soft pinks and the gold chargers are so elegant underneath. How pretty the name cards are that you made. I simply adore the tussie mussies. They are so elegant and bring everything all together.

Your sugar filled vases with the pink candy sticks and flowers, the element of surprise. I LOVE it.

I am your newest follower. Found you through JoAnn and I can't wait to see what you share next.

Your photo shot from the balcony is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing some of your ideas. Can't wait to see the tutorial on your tussie mussies.

Have a beautiful week sweet friend. Country hugs, Sherry

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Love banner, and what a gorgeous table setting. It's shines and is so elegant. Love the photos from the balcony, pretty good idea. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay. Following you on Linky!

Kathleen said...

How beautiful! Love the shimmer of the gold with the soft pink!
Happy Valentine's Day! Here from Seasonal Sundays. :)

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

You go all out to make your guests feel very special, and it shows with all the small, but wonderful details you do for your parties. Thank you for the wonderful gifts you gave me from the party. Now that I see the table, it really does feel like I was there. Looks like it really was ab event to remember!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful tablescape at my pary!

Sherry said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Cheryl said...

Well Nann!! Your tablescapes are over the top GORGEOUS!! You really did a beautiful job!! How could one not feel so special sitting at a table so gorgeous!! You thought of every last detail! I am certain each guest felt honored to have attended such a delightful event!!
xoxoxo
Cheryl;-)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Nancy, how completely and totally gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for linking this up!!!
XO
Cindy

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Nann!

I thought I had already commented on this beautiful tablescape... I know for sure that I read it.

I just in my inbox that you are the last party link submission that I had not answered... Sometimes the dogs get me distracted. I always have one in my lap when at the computer :]

I just love all the pink, gold and lace. Those little tussie mussies are so sweet.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...