Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Darling Dinner for Two... or more.



Valentines Dinner was at home and I made a simple menu that we loved. There was not alot of time to make dinner in the first place so here for your enjoyment is what we had. And we LOVED everybite.

    Fresh Fried Shrimp and the
BEST EVER TARTAR SAUCE
 you have ever tasted!!

                                                                  
Of course the tartar sauce is from scratch/homemade (recipe below) and it is claimed to be the same Tartar Sauce that you get at the famous seafood Restaurant whose name is R..L....... I got the recipe from a friend who got it from 'Top Secret Recipes.' I honestly don't know if its the exact recipe or not but as far as I'm concerned its a dead ringer. 


See all those little delicious tidbits of yumminess just swimming around in there. Wow they make this sauce taste like a million dollars. And here it the recipe.






R.. L...... Tartar Sauce
1/3 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing



2/3 cup Sour cream
1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
3 Tablespoons sweet white onion, chopped fine
2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish from jar with the relish juice
3 Teaspoons carrot, chopped fine
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Chop the sweet white onion in food processor, put in small container
and set aside. Chop carrot in food processor, and add to onion.
Mix in remaining ingredients and stir to blend thoroughly.
Do not use electric mixer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
to let flavors blend.    DELICIOUS!!!!




I also made my very easy and 
 Fabulous High Heat Salted Baked Potatoes These are to die! They are also a recipe from R..L....... One night several years ago when we were having dinner there I asked the manager how the potatoes were made. He said after washing and drying the potatoes rub generously with softened butter and roll them in course salt. Then slightly brush to take some of of the salt off but leaving on a good coating on. Then bake in a 475 degree oven for 50 minutes. That's it!  We add sour cream and cheese and sometimes chives and they are worth every bite.                                         
                      
                                                                   


And lastly here is The Boccoli Salad recipe that you have all asked for.

 Fresh Broccoli Salad
2 Tablespoon butter
1 (3 ounce) package Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup, seasoning packet reserved
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
1 (16 oz.) package broccoli florets
4 green onions thinly sliced (green part only)

1 cup sunflower seeds (I used 1/2 cup salted and 1/2 cup unsalted)
1/2 cup salad oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Reserved packet from Ramen noodles 
Whisk together the salad oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and reserved seasoning packet in a separate bowl; Let sit about two hours. You will have to stir it occasionally.

Melt butter in a frying pan. Crush the ramen noodles into small pieces; stir the crushed noodles and almonds, into the butter and cook until golden brown.
Break up the broccoli florets into smaller pieces. Put about 4 cups water on to boil. When boiling, add the florets to the water and blanch them for ONE minute. Quickly remove the broccoli with a wire strainer and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water. This brings out the bright green color of the broccoli without cooking it.
Toss the strained cold broccoli florets, the coleslaw mix and the green onions  in a large bowl. Add the sunflower seeds, ramen noodles and almonds. Toss to blend.

When ready to serve pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve. Expect rave reviews.
NOTE: If you need to stretch the salad add a small torn bunch of romaine hearts to the salad. I have done this in the past and it has worked out well


Well there you have it. A simple but delicious meal we so enjoyed for Valentines Day. You don't always have to go out for a special occassion when you can make a fabulous one at home for a fraction of the cost and probably in the same amount of time it would take you to dress up and drive to the restaruant. So...ENJOY!


THANKYOU for joining me today. It is always such a pleasure to have you with come.


Nann
I am linking up to these wonderful parties:

Seasonal Sundays  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Tickled Pink Fridays http://www.504main.com/

15 comments:

LDH said...

Hello Dear Nann! These recipes look fabulous! Always a treat stopping by your place!

Alycia Nichols said...

Confectioner's sugar? Really??? In tartar sauce?!?!?!? Now I've heard it all!!! It sure looks and sounds good, though! Have a good weekend, Nann!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I have to try the tarter sauce!

Holly Lefevre said...

I happen to love tartar sauce! I am so intrigued by the baked potatoes and the broccoli salad..Yum! Happy weekend!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

That looks delicious Nann. I've been dying for the brocolli salad. Thanks for the recipe. I'm not sure if you have it over there but I use gherkin relish, a squirt of lemon juice and whole egg mayonnaise for a quick, simple tartare sauce. I'll have to try your recipe though. It's making my mouth water!

Anne xx

Our Delightful Home said...

This looks really yummy, I love fried shrimp!

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

KC Quaretti- Lee said...

Lady Nann, your tartar sauce sounds like a little spoonful of perfection!

Nellie said...

Wonderful recipes! That particular restaurant is one of my husband's favorites! It sounds as though you had a special Valentine's Day dinner.
Have a great Friday!

Sweet Melanie said...

Oh my goodness...I must stop looking...I'm getting so hungry! Everything looks so delicious!

Thank you so much for stopping in on my little blog and for all of the sweet remarks! I think my mammmaw would have really liked you..she always made sure everyone had something to eat and loved sharing recipes. I think I am really gonna enjoy following you!!!

Marigene said...

The broccoli salad sounds delicious.

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen said...

I always love coming to see what recipes you've shared. I haven't been to, um, R L in years. R L shares the same driveaway with another restaurant....the one where the the waitress girls degrate themselves in orange and white next to nothing clothes. You know the one that claims they are famous for their wings. Got tired of driving through the parking lot as fast as I could so nobody would think I was going THERE!

Glad to see I can recreate the food at home. Those potatoes sound wonderful! Have a great weekend.

Kathleen said...

Hi Nann!
Thanks for all the recipes, I like the salad.
Congrats on mastering the header!
You will be a pro before long!

Annesphamily said...

I am drooling thinking about these tasty dishes! I love everyone of them! My co worker makes that broccoli salad. Yum! Thanks for the share! Hugs Anne

Chris said...

Lady Nann, your tartar sauce sounds like a little spoonful of perfection!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

The shrimp looks yummy...I am a fan and I will surely try this recipe...I could gain weight just looking at this good food....lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...