Friday, February 24, 2012

My Mardi Gras Table

And here we are....what I've been dying to show you...TaDa.....

My Mardi Gras Tablescape
The tablecloth is actually a beautiful deep purple satin. And its cut as a square. The color does not hold true here in the photo. But it is because I'm still learning to edit and adjust the color ratios of the photos.


The chargers are a bright green. The color is not true here. But I purchased them at Walmart for $1 each at Christmas time.


The plates are Noritake that I got on sale on clearance many years ago for only $2 each. What a buy!
This is the centerpiece. I bought it at either a party store or a dollar store a few years back. It went perfectly with the little Mardi Gras paper salad plates.

The mask at the top of the centerpiece I cut out of one of the small paper Mardi Gras plates. I glued it on to a dowel and stuck it into the middle of the centerpiece. I put the little centerpiece in a small square vase and then strands of  Mardi Gras beads to hold it up and keep it in place. I then set it on another gold doily in the middle of the table and put more strands of beads all around it. 


 I purchased the beads at the dollar store. There were 6 in a package of purple, green and gold. They were so inexpensive that I bought several packages. Some as plain beads, some with crowns and some with little coins in the various colors.


The napkins are paper and I purchased three packages...one of each of the Mardi Gras Colors, purple, gold and green. Another dollar store purchase.

To do what I did you open them up and lay them on top of each other changing the way each layer lays as shown in the picture.

Then with your fingers and thumb grab the bottom and  gather at the bottom. (See photo) Then carefully put it into your glass or goblet. (See next photo) These crystal glasses my daughter brought me from Romania when she was on a High School Band tour in Europe. They really are beautiful.




The gold doilies you can purchase at party, discount or dollar stores. These were less than $2 for the whole package of them. The MardiGras little plates I purchased on sale for half off at a party store a year or two ago. They really add color and theme to the table. The masks came 6 in a package for $1 at the dollar store.


The table turned out so beautifully and I was so pleased. My oldest grand daughter walked in as I was getting it ready for Fat Tuesday's Mardi Gras dinner and just squealed with delight.  It's always so fun to have your family love, appreciate and enjoy what you are doing.

THANKYOU for being with me today. I love to have you visit!







Nann

Seasonal Sundays
http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2012/02/seasonal-sundays-89road-trip.html
Sundays Best Par.tay
http://my1929charmerblog.com/sundays-best-20-par-tay/
Thriving on Thursdays http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/02/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-8.html
Open House Party http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
2805 Potpourri Party http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Feather Nest Friday http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday http://www.atthepicketfence.com/
Home Sweet Home http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Tickled Pink Fridays http://www.504main.com/

26 comments:

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann! It's beautiful. I think it's beautiful. What fun to dress your table for Mardi Gras. I bet you all had a wonderful time.

Anne xx

Bliss said...

Did you take that photo hanging from the chandelier?

~Bliss~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so beautiful! That is one of the best themed table settings I have seen. What beautiful jewel toned colors!

Sherry said...

Nann,
This is really pretty!! I love these colors and your table just pops with color! I will link you up. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Sherry said...

Oh, Nann you did it. It was already linked up No. 91. Thanks again!
Sherry

Nellie said...

What an amazing table, Nann! Just absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Gypsy Heart said...

Gorgeous ~ so fun and festive! I'm sure everyone loved it.

xo
Pat

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun and festive table. Great job! Hugs, Linda

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nann!!
What a beautiful and festive table!! I love everything about it!!
So very pretty!!

Hugs,
Deb

At The Picket Fence said...

Nann, This is fabulously gorgeous! Makes me want to head down to New Orleans. The details are perfect and the colors amazing. Sharing this on our Facebook Page! Thank you for linking it up to Inspiration Friday!

Heather

Jo's This and That said...

Hey Girl, your table is just beautiful! Love your plates,and the colors are wonderful. Thank for sharing your lovely home . If I win that Hgtv dream home (ha ha ) we can party together.JoAnn

LDH said...

I ALWAYS love my visits to your place! You always doing what ever you are doing in a most lovely way!

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I pinned it. :)))

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I so much appreciate you taking the time to come and see my blog. You all are the BEST!

Nann

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely table at Potpourri Friday!

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Perfect! Your table-scapes are amazing!!! Found your post at Sundays Best Party

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Beautiful Mardi Gras table, so pretty, and all the colors look so pretty. Great job, You do really pretty tablescapes! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

Jo's This and That said...

Hey ! I added a new blog so you can find me! I should pop up now ! I hope so! JoAnn

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Love it! Such a beautiful tablescape.

Bluebell Woods said...

so beautiful, love it. I wish I had the sort of life that would make that possible haha.
Janice

The Tablescaper said...

So fun and vibrant! Perfect for Mardi Gras. Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Cinnamon Rose Cottage said...

Hello Nann, Your table looks beautiful!! I'm sure your family loved it and it sounds like a wonderful time!
Have a great day!
Beverly

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen said...

Hi Nann-

I've never really celebrated Mardi Gras, so I loved seeing how you did it. What a great tablescape. I love seeing all your wonderful and creative ideas without spending a lot of money. The handmade mask on the dowel and how you did the napkins are both great tips. I bet everyone who enjoyed your meal had fun with this bright and festive table.

Thanks so much for sharing it with me and everyone else at my party this week. Have a great day Nancy!

Shannon

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

Nann,

Love this table so much. Thank you for sharing all the details how you made it. I was wondering about all the different aspects to it. How great that you got to use your christmas chargers for a Mardi Gras theme. I love it when it works out that a seasonal item can be used for a different occasion.

I wish I could have come over to enjoy the setting. It is so bright and fun. It would be impossible not to feel like celebrating seated at this table.

Thanks so much for sharing. Very inspiring!

Eldarose

Kathleen said...

I am sorry to be late in visiting! The table is beautiful, the cors just jump off the screen! A perfect mix of elegance and fun! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I've seen the table "in person" and it looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...