Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's National French Bread Day & heres a Killer Recipe



Today is National French Bread Day. And to celebrate I want to share a KILLER recipe that I got from a fabulous blog called Plain Chicken. I stumbled across this blog one or two months ago and I'm so glad I did.  Steph is real and so is her blog.....and down to earth.  And she has incredible recipes


Artichoke Bread
...and it's to die for!
                                                                                 
                                                                                   
    Doesn't this look just FABULOUS!  And it is!!!

                                                                            
 Artichoke BreadAdd this recipe to ZipList!

1/3 cup butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 French bread loaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the artichoke hearts, Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and sour cream. Stir to blend. Remove from the heat and cool. Slice the bread lengthwise and scoop out some of the center. Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly into the bread shell and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Place each half on a baking sheet and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Cut into slices and serve warm.


From...PLAIN CHICKEN BLOG
http://www.plainchicken.com/2009/10/artichoke-bread.html

This bread is really incredibly delicious. We LOVED it. And it's really not that hard to make. Try it I know you'll be sold on it too!!! I guarantee the men in your life will go nuts over it.


THANKYOU for  joining me today. Be  sure and check out


 this great blog. And please tell Steph that I sent you.

 Hope you  enjoyed my little celebration of  National French

Bread Day.  Rather tasty wasn't it.



Nann



I'm linking up to these fun parties:


Stonegable for On the Menu Monday
DebbieDoos Newbie Party http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2012/03/vintage-rooster-newbie-party-started.html
Sunday Showcase Party http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012/03/sunday-showcase-party-no-94.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20UnderTheTableAndDreaming%20(Under%20The%20Table%20and%20Dreaming)
 Seasonal Sundays  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Sundays Best Par.tay http://my1929charmerblog.com/sundays-best-24-par-tay/
Cuisine Kathleen for Let’s Dish; Ivy and Elephants for What’s it Wednesday;The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday;for Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Sherry of No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday;Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold.
Foodie Friday  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Nann, I just completely drooled.

Oh thanks so much for sharing, oh wow does that ever look DELISH!!!

I so have to try it!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I almost wanted to jump thru the computer screen and eat this! It looks delicious! I pinned it (hope that is alright) so I can try the recipe later. Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Nann~ Let me count the ways I love this:

(1) Artichoke Hearts
(2) BREAD!
(3) Butter & garlic
(4) Cheese
(5) Sour Cream

The only way to make this better would be to add some potatoes :) Thanks for sharing this~ I'm definitely going to have to indulge! A couple of slices can be my dinner with a glass of wine when my husband goes out of town in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for all your sweet comments!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Well I love artichoke dip with cheese in it, and garlic, so I'm sure this would be fabulous! I'm going to try it! I never knew there were so many special holidays like French National Bread Day! Linda

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow my family would love this bread!! I've got to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Oh, this looks like something I need to try! YUM! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Karen said...

This sounds wonderful... thanks for sharing the recipe. Visiting from Let's Dish.

Steph@PlainChicken.com said...

Thanks for the sweet comments and sharing my artichoke bread. I hope everyone enjoys it. Now I am off to the store to get some artichoes and bread - I'm hungry!

Marigene said...

Yummy looking!

Shirley said...

Oh, this looks very interesting! I'll have to try this one!

Nellie said...

How absolutely delicious this sounds!

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks divine! I am sitting here drooling and starving. I will definitely make this.

xo
Pat

Marie Arden said...

I will try that it looks wonderful. Something different too isn't it? Have a pink day and a blessed Easter

Heaven's Walk said...

I'm drooling along with everyone else! This looks absolutely delicious!!! We WILL be making it this weekend!!! Yum!

xoxo laurie

Elisa said...

That looks fantastic - can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing..
Elisa
home sweet nest

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! I can't WAIT to try this. Looks & Sounds amazing!!!
Love, Dee

kitty said...

Oh my, I love artichoke dip, so this must be even better on bread...woo hoo!!!

HudsonValleyHandymom said...

This looks divine, Nancy!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I so love artichokes. I actually never heard of artichoke/cheese bread before. It look absolutely delish, and will be trying soon. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh yummy! Anything artichoke makes me swoon. Please join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY and add this wonderful recipe to the linkly party! Everyone will love this!
Yvonne

Our Delightful Home said...

This looks amazing!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Creations By Cindy said...

This looks so good. So glad I can visit your blog! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I just saved this recipe..yummy! Thanks for sharing it at the Open House party. xo, Sherry

ButterYum said...

Oh my - this sounds completely amazing. Must pin it immediately!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...