Monday, March 12, 2012

Puttin' on the Green

Hello dear readers....This past week we put green on our little desk hutch in the family room to deck it all out for St. Patricks Day. The grandkids love to be apart of it. It has made the day a little more special for them and for the adults to celebrate this fun day.  
                                                                   

       
         Here's a little cupcake the grandkids decorated to enjoy while you're looking at the pictures. Go ahead have a bite. Its a delicious chocolate cake.
                                                                                
                                                                     



                       The little hutch                       


   The two frogs are from a thrift store. Aren't they cute. Of course we had to add some little hats from the dollar store (5 for $1). These two plates are from Tuesday Morning. The cups and saucers are from Ross and the teapot from Home Goods. The little cow from Target.


        This delightful frog prince is from Stein Mart. He kind of rules over the room. I bought him a few years ago and the grandkids love him to death. We put him at various places throughout the room. A hat was put on his 'crown' for St. Pats Day.


                                                                                 

  The grandkids love the gold and green coins..... and the Shamrocks.
They like to 'rearrange' them whenever they drop by. (smile)


 The green cabbage plates I got at a yard sale. The white ones from a thrift store and the cups from Ross.


                                                                                   


  Of course we had to put a little Shamrock green on the mantle.   



                                           Now wasn't that just a YUMMY cupcake.                                           



Thanks for joining me. As the week goes on I'll be sharing a Shamrock Dinner and table with you.

Happy St. Patricks Day

Nann
 





Please join me at these fun linky parties

Seasonal Sundays http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Sundays Best Par.tay
http://my1929charmerblog.com/sundays-best-23-par-tay/
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for her St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
Open house Party
http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/2012/03/open-house-party_14.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NoMinimalistHere+%28No+Minimalist+Here%29
Show me What you got http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-5.html
Thriving on Thursdays
http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/03/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-11.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Domesblissity+%28Domesblissity%29
Wow us Wednesdays http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-us-wednesdays-57.html
Whats It Wednesdays  http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Cozy Home Scenes http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/

      

30 comments:

Jo's This and That said...

I love the frog too! You are up and at it! I am moving slowly. Love your hutch thanks for sharing Joann The cup cakes looks wonderful too!

Nellie said...

What a tasty cupcake! The very best kind - no extra calories.:-) You shop at some of my favorite places.:-)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

How cute to decorate your frogs for St Pats Day! Love the hutch. Hugs, Linda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Nann!

Thank you for your sweet comment --I would be very honored if you put a link on your post to my blog about Saint Patrick! Thank you for asking.

I love the festive way your decorated for the holiday! I've been preoccupied by my daughter's upcoming bridal shower and wedding and didn't decorate this year, but I will definitley be waering some green that day! :) Happy St. Patrcik's Day!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

PS: whoops .. St Patrick's Day! I also became your follower..thanks!

LDH said...

Super cute at your house, Nann! Love your decorations!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

How cute Nann. I love how you used existing pieces and just 'greened' them up wih those cute little hats. I don't even think our stores have anything like that. This is another holiday we don't celebrate very much except if you like beer and like going to the Irish pub. LOL You have lovely things.

Anne xx

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Nann!

I bet the grand kids love to visit and see how you have decorated for each holiday... but I bet you don't need a holiday for an excuse to decorate!

I have some of those same white carnations and shamrocks... from the Dollar Tree. I just haven't put them out yet... I better get busy.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your St Patty's day decorating--makes me want to go out and have a green beer!

Bliss said...

I could use a good corned beef recipe.

~Bliss~

Kelli Henderson (The Pharmcook) said...

I love your frogs! Your decorations made me smile. Thanks for posting. :)

Rettabug said...

Your hutch looks wonderful, Nann, with all your pretty greens & laces & cute accent pieces. I know exactly what you mean when you say the grandkids enjoy it. I doubt that I'd bother so much if I didn't love to see their faces when they visit.

Happy St. Patricks Day, early,
fondly,
Rett

Babs said...

Happy St.Patrick's Day, Nann! Your hutch looks great with the cute frogs, cabbage plates..love the green bow on the cow creamer, too.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I loved getting to talk to you and I am so sorry that I didn't get to meet you. I hope to see you next time you're in town. Have fun shopping. Hugs, Marty

kitty said...

Nann, I love all the wonderful green in your hutch!! How fun for the grand kids. Those green plates were sure a great find, weren't they??!! You share the prettiest things!!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your hutch looks great, I'd say you're ready for St. Pat's Day-enjoy:@)

Marigene said...

Looks like you are all ready for SPD, Nann! Love all the green.

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful post! Loved all your St. Paddy's cuties. xo

Mary said...

I love all your green in your hutch~ your Frog Prince is adorable :)

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen said...

Hi Nancy-

I'm so glad you stopped by my party. I've been meaning to come see your new posts, but as you know I've been really busy. We now have my grandmother's poodle (you may have seen her in one of Holly's posts), so the last day or two have been quiet an adventure with FOUR dogs in our house.

Just call me crazy right now! *smile*

I love all your green touches. I didn't see those little hats when I was at the dollar store the last time, but I'll have to check again. I've seen so many great craft and decorating ideas with them lately.

Looks like you and your grandkids have had a really good time making your home festive. How wonderful that you have these memories of being together.

I always love seeing your pretty things, so thanks for sharing!

Priscilla said...

How clever of you to put all these lovely green things together to make such a great display.

Kathleen said...

I love your display! What wonderful frogs, they must be the O'Toad's!

You have so many lovely pieces, and the cupcakes look yummy!
Thanks for linking up to the blog crawl! Can't wait to see what you serve for dinner!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Love your little hutch with all the cute frogs and I bet my grandkids would love them also! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

How fun, Nann! The cupcakes look yummy. Sorry I'm late to arrive, but I've been away from my computer. Happy St. Patrick's Day! ~ Sarah

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your hutch is so charming, St. Patrick's Day or not! I am so glad to see this as I had wanted to do one of my hutches up in green but didn't have time. It's so charming against the wood! Love the majolica plates as well!

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

Linda said...

Hi Nann, how cute those frogs are with little hats. The cupcakes are so cute. Don't you just love the Majolica plates? Your Grandkids will love all of this. Happy St. Patrick's day

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

Sorry for the multiple posts. The frogs looks cute. Great find on the cabbage plates.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful vignettes for St. Patty's Day, I've enjoyed looking at the lovely things you have and all your greens. I think is my first time at your great blog and I had to follow you, hope you come over and visit me and like to follow as well. Nice meeting you.
FABBY

Ivy and Elephants said...

How festive everything looks! Those cupcakes look totally YUM!!!
Thanks for sharing with us, it all looks so good I'm a little GREEN with envy! LOL
Hugs,
Patti

cathy@my1929charmer said...

You always come up with the prettiest vignettes. Love the frogs and such a cute idea to incorporate, and loving the hats. Your grandkids will love everything. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...