Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Easter Brunch Table




WELCOME! I had hoped to post this last week but with all the Easter  activites the time got away. I wanted you to see some of the delightful things that were done this past week through Easter Day. Very busy but very fun!


  Easter Brunch/Luncheon Table 


                                                                  
                                                                                                         
                                                                                  
The Plate that started it All
    I purchased these darling plates about a month to six weeks ago at Home Goods. I just fell in love with them. And they were the last four in this color. The price was very low and so I snapped them up. Easter was coming and I knew these would be perfect for a brunch/luncheon I was giving.


      First the table needed to be covered with a
   Tablecloth
 I chose a pale blue tablecloth with tiny white polka dots. I knew it would be perfect with the blue and white polka dots plates.       
                                                                                  

                                                 
 Mrs.Rabbit was the centerpiece
                                                    
                                         
                                      
  I put down lacey roundish/oval place mats at each place.
                    
      Then white milk glass plates on top of the placemats.
Followed by the blue and white polka dot plates. Older silverware
was then set by the plates. And it the middle of each plate

I put a little white lace paper doily and a white egg cup that I filled with flowers from a previous arrangement in each. I topped them off with some pink paper shredded 'grass.'

A while ago I purchased a dozen of these white hankies that I am using for the napkins. They are the perfect size for a ladies party. I bought them online from
http://www.giftwagon.com/handkerchiefs.html. The dozen were only $16 with the beautiful lace edges. And these are gorgeous!! There are many other styles for as little as $7 for a dozen.



These goblets were my mothers. And they date back to the 1930s. I love the beautiful cut crystal. My mother gave these to me before she passed away so that I could use them with my growing family. And I treasure them. Note of Interest: The goblets of that era are much smaller than the ones we use today. I put one of these next to another ornate goblet that I have and the size difference is amazing. But everything seems bigger today including the size of our dinner plates.


The completed table looking down from a balcony
Beautiful, feminine and lovely was the description given to the table by both friends and family.

Thankyou for joining me. I love when you come to visit. Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Nann
I will be linking to these fun linky parties:
 Newbie Partyhttp://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2012/04/transforming-a-terra-cotta-pot-with-annie-sloan-chalk-paint-newbie-party-started.html
Seasonal Sundays http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2012/04/seasonal-sundays-96worse-before-better.html
Sunday Showcase  http://www.bystephanielynn.com/

Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-and-tell-friday_12.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20blogspot/Ufchl%20(My%20Romantic%20Home)
Alison at Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Kate @ Chic On A Shoestring for Flaunt It Friday



48 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness what an absolutely GORGEOUS tablescape, Nancy!

WOW!

I adore those polka dot plates and think it is awesome they match your tablecloth so perfectly.

Everything is perfect.

It is awesome, I LOVE IT!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Big hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is just a precious table!! I love the polka dots and that blue is sooooo pretty! Great job as always! hugs, Linda

Annalisa Cecilia said...

complimenti!
è la tavola di Pasqua più bella che ho visto nel web!
auguri!SMILE

LDH said...

BEAUTIFUL!

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Your table is beautiful, I really like the pale blue you used, it really makes the pink pop:)

Jenni said...

I always love your tables, so gorgeous. Side note: Goblets and glasses were smaller back then to discourage over consumption of the expensive wine. Water was the main beverage anyway. Love those glasses, so very pretty:)

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Just breathtaking Nann. Those pale blue plates are just gorgeous. Just the thing I like. I didn't realise the bunny was so big but she's beautiful all the same.

Anne xx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Nann,
Oh my, what an exquisite table! I love the lovely blue and polka dots! The bunny makes an adorable centerpiece. I used a bunny one year for a centerpiece too although yours is much bigger and he really makes a statement; very sweet!
I would love to have tea at your lovely table. One would feel like a princess! Thanks so much for sharing with us and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Creations By Cindy said...

Nann, your table is lovely. LOVE the bunny! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rebecka Evans said...

Such a lovely table Nann!! Your family is very blessed to have you!

Rebecka Evans said...

Such a lovely table Nann!! Your family is very blessed to have you!

Nellie said...

Nann, you've done it again! What a gorgeous tablescape!

Sweetladyelaine said...

This is a very beautiful table! It blew me away...I love it! I would love to come and visit you and sit at this wonderful table. Very lady-like and romantic! You set a fabulous table!I love the lace placemats and the bunny with flowers...very beautiful!
Blessings My Friend,

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Each and every detail is beautiful! I love your stemware and the lacey linens!

Nancy

Mary said...

What a wonderful & feminine Easter Brunch table Nann! I saw those same plates at HG~ you've used them beautifully and I adore your embellished bunny centerpiece, complete with a bow surrounded by flowers :)

Donna said...

What a BEAUTIFUL Easter table you set. I love everything and love your good taste Nancy. Those plates with the white dots are cute as can be. And the lace napkins are fabulous and such a good find and way to use hankies--you're so very cleaver. Lacy linens and that cute bunny centerpiece make the table something else! Nice job!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Nann, I'm not kidding when I say that is one of the most beautiful tables I've ever seen. The pale blue combined with the pretty pink is delightful. I already told you how much I love Mr. Bunny or maybe it is Mrs. Bunny since it is so cute. You are a very talented lady, Nann. I'm sure your guest were impressed with your sweet table. Thanks for coming to the party. It is always good to have you share some of your unique ideas.-----Shannon

Sarah said...

Nann, your table is charming. Love the little blue plates with their white dotted swiss look. Very pretty table indeed! Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

Delicious Dishes by Debbie said...

I would love to sit at that Table and have a meal with friends....you and two others. It is beautiful. What a great idea. I'll have to steal this idea...beautiful and breathtaking.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

This might be my favorite table setting ever! How sweet the milk glass plates and those adorable polka dot plates. Where did you get them? The lace accents--everything is gorgeous!

Diane said...

Oh, my! This table is lovely. Those blue plates are such a sweet color and that tablecloth is perfect!
I know that your guests felt really special!

Marigene said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...love the soft blues. Your bunny centerpiece is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Nann,
This is my first time to visit, and what a delightfully beautiful table you have here. Love that soft blue and it is perfect for a ladies luncheon or even a wedding.
So pretty.........and I love the polkadot cloth and plates, and the bunny centerpc. Just lovely.
Blessings, Nellie

Alycia Nichols said...

That tablecloth!!! I must have it!!! Wow...it's really cool!!! I love that kind of Swiss dotted look to it and how it works so well with the HG plates. Great use of the ladies' hankies, too, and Mrs. Bunny looks right at home amidst it all!!!

Connie said...

Just dropped by from Beverly's Pink Saturday, sugar and am I glad I did. Darling blog.
xoxo,
Connie

My Crafty Little Page said...

Nann - That table is exquisite! Everything is so soft and inviting. Absolutely love everything about it. xo Nancy

Melissa said...

Lovely! HPS!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Don't think you could ask for more from an Easter table! It is perfect.

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

That table is utterly stunning. Love the color combination. Visiting from Pink Saturday!

Hugs,
Judy

Scribbler said...

Femininity rules! Beautiful table.

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely!
Visiting from Show and Tell Friday :)

Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

What a charming table! I just love those blue plates. They are gorgeous!!

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

Your table is perfect. Home Goods is such a great place to find treasures. Also thx for the info on the napkins. I'm hopping over to check them out.

HPS

LL

Ann said...

Beautiful! Love the fresh, delicate blue.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely and sweet table and ...gorgeous too! The plates would have gone with me in a sec too. They are so pretty and the soft blue is lovely. Your tabletopper is very pretty too, your entire table is one of my fav! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
FABBY

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

completely stunning, Nann!! I am in awe..just lovely.

My Crafty Little Page said...

Hi again Nann - My grandkids shortened my "Nanny" name to Nan once they became teenagers. So I guess we share the same grandname too! Sorry, I don't have any pink cups you asked about. I'll let you know if I see any. xo Nancy

Jo's This and That said...

Just got time to check out your table it is lovely! I do love the plates and napkins.Wish we had a T J MAX here.No bargains around here. I did get to go to one in VA. Loved It! Going to check out that web page, Love the stemware.I know they are special.I too have some my mother gave me.Your yard looks beautiful ,Do I see Mountains? Going to work on a quilt.JoAnn

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Nann, Love your sweet plates that inspired this lovely tablesetting. I love every detail and the vintage goblets from your mother - so delicate! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

The Tablescaper said...

So soft, so pretty. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Diann said...

Everything on this table is just so pretty! What a lovely table you created! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF and have a terrific day!

Beverly said...

Pretty. This is one pretty table setting. And, I adore polka-dots.

Happy Pink Saturday.♥

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Nann!

Love those blue polka dot dishes!!! The whole tablescape is just SO pretty, especially the overhead shot.

The tablecloth, and lace placemats set the dishes off just right. Love all the heirloom pieces too.

Thanks for sharing again at my party this week!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Jann Olson said...

Hi Nancy, I just love your Easter table! The dotty plates are fab! I certainly would have nabbed them if I'd seen them before you. lol! I have 4 milk glass plates like yours that I bought from my sister. She was downsizing so I bought a few of her milk glass. How wonderful to have goblets that once were your mothers. Congrats on being featured at Bunny's Hop. You certainly deserved it.
Hugs,
Jann

Sherry said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Victoria Mische said...

STUNNING! Though I missed your easter table this year but I want to give my complement on what you did here! You gave me some great ideas for a special event that is coming in my near future. I love the napkins, the decorations and how those things were put together! Such a very clever work!

Spandex Table Covers

Lynn @ UpCountry Olio said...

Those blue and white plates are to die for and the silver is a perfect compliment for them. Such and adorable table.


Lynn

HeidiL said...

Those of you following my mom...she is seriously this way...her blog is the real her. The rest of us wonder is she is cahoots with Energizer batteries because she truly IS the Energizer Bunny. The rest of us have battery drainage. We lovingly refer to her as, "The Original Martha Stewart (with ethics)."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...