Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day Before Easter Grandkids Party





WELCOME!  Today I want to share with you our Day before Easter Party with 17 of our Grandkids. And of course their parents came too (smile). And what a time we all had!!


               A Fun fun Over the Top Sugar High cake
 Kaia's birthday was on Easter and her mother made this cake for her birthday. She got the idea off of pinterest. No explanation on how to make it was needed. We added birthday candles for the singing and blowout. I can't imagine the grams of sugar that is
in and on this cake.


The Grandkids Easter Egg Hunt
  We prepared small little baskets with thier names on them that contained fuzzy ducks and chocolate goodies. We put them around the yard with all the candy filled eggs. They also got an egg with their name on it that contained money. You see just a few of the grandkids here in the picture collage.


An Edible Easter Craft they all made
All the kids made these darling donut bunnies and put them in clear sacks with a little ribbon. Even the adults had fun making these. My daughter Heidi who did this with the kids got her idea from Pinterest. Aren't these just adorable!


They all  Dyed Easter Eggs....like over 7 dozen



Then they all Frosted & Decorated Sugar Cookie Eggs

 


And then we had a delicious dinner of
Sloppy Joes



Yummy Deviled Eggs


Karen's Homemade Potato Salad

Kristi's Fresh Garden Salad

Plus a ton of other things. Everyone contributed. And of course there was all too much candy and other yummy goodies.



I also took orange napkins and folded them to look like carrots with fork and pipe cleaner stems that were served with the food. I got the idea off of pinterest but had a dickens of a time figuring out how to do it. So after many, many tries I ended up doing it my own way and was very happy in the end. And I felt mine looked better than the picture and the fork & stem actually stayed in the napkin without falling out.


Doesn't this look like a fun party. Well it was!!! And the kids and all the adults all loved it. We just had such a great time!!

Thankyou for joining me today. Its always so fun to have you drop by. Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated. I read each and every one.

Nann

Linky Parties:

Seasonal Sundays http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2012/04/seasonal-sundays-96worse-before-better.html
Sunday Showcase
http://www.bystephanielynn.com/

Alison at Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Kate @ Chic On A Shoestring for Flaunt It Friday
The Bunny Hop  http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/2012/04/wednesdays-bunny-hop-party-35.html
Whats It Wednesdayhttp://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Thriving on Thursdays http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/04/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-14.html

26 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness, look at that fun party you all had together!

That cake is WOW - everything, all the awesome crafts, your cute napkin/carrot wrap - all the delicious food- wow what a day you all had!

I cannot even imagine 17 grandchildren and their parents all together - your home must be filled with such joy, Nancy!

LOVE this post! It just makes me smile and smile!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness--are you the world's greatest Grandma or what? I think you are giving Martha Stewart a run for her money! Sounds like you had so much fun and everything looks fantastic. Where do you get the energy?

LDH said...

SO much fun at your house!!! :)

Nellie said...

What fun! It is such a blessing to be able to share in wonderful family memories!

Alycia Nichols said...

Those carrot napkins are so cute and such a great idea! I agree with Sandy...you're givin' ol' Martha a run for her money!!! The food all looks fantastic, and that cake is REALLY something!!! The great thing about being Grandma: Fill 'em full of sugar and send them on their merry way! :-)

Leslie's Garden said...

Fun at every turn! Lots of cute ideas here. Looks like everyone had a fabulous time.

Debbiedoo's said...

Looks like I know where I am sending my boys next Easter! Looked fun.

Maria said...

That birthday cake is so charming! I'm going to remember this one! Everything looks lovely! It sounds like a fantastic day!

momto8 said...

good for you!!! your place looks so fun and full of love! Your touches are great!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

The Timeless Garden Of Eden said...

What a fun cake that is!! I am going to have to remember it for my Grandkids next year.

racheld said...

What a fabulous party!! Anybody walking in and seeing a cake encircled with two dozen Peeps and topped with a pound of M&M's KNOWS they're in for a good time.

Lovely ideas, and we'll certainly be borrowing some of them.

rachel

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Nann,
Looks like a really great time.
Wow, 17 grandchildren, what a blessed Grammy you are.........and looks like you provided fun fun fun for those lil darlings.

That was the cutest idea for the cake. I love M&M's, not so much the peeps, but it is still adorable.

The carrot napkin idea was so adorable and perfect for your casual dinner. So cute!

Thanks for sharing your fun day.
Blessings, Nellie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Nann,
WOW what a wonderful Easter you had! So Many little ones to Love with Squishy Hugs!!!
I am your newest follower and I'm SO Tickled Pink that you are following me too!
Yes Conghaile Cottage is my home...I am SO happy you came to visit!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs to you,
Donna

Jo's This and That said...

Wow it is also cute! So blessed to have all the grand kids! Thanks for sharing , JOAnn

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

What a great party you had! I remember seeing that cake on Pinterest and she did a great job of duplicating it. Everything looks wonderful.

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

I'm going around visiting everyone on today's PINK SATURDAY list.....with my hot cup of coffee, of course! Just wanted to let you know that I was here! Have yourself a great weekend, and stop by my place if you've the time!

ciao bella
Creative Carmelina
xo

Ann said...

I saw that cake on pinterst too, boy what a sugar high that must have been!!!Everything I love on that one piece of art. Your mosaic is so cute-looks like you all had a fabulous time. And the sweet carrot silverware holder is adorable.
Ann

Cindy F. Adkins said...

That cake is awesome!! What a fun Easter you had with your family. Everything looks fabulous! Thanks for "paying it forward" with Michele and for following my blog!
Hugs, Cindy

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

Nann,

I loved this party entry. SOOOOO adorable. I really want to make carrot/napkin flatware holders with pipecleaners. Such a cute idea, but I didn't host the kids for anything Eastery this year. Maybe next year hopefully.

The food looks great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE deviled eggs, so now I am sitting here so hungry for those. Yours look delicious.

I know this is late, but HAPPY EASTER!

Eldarose

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

Look at all this WONDERFULNESS! I had so much fun visiting today. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog today..it is a hard decision to back off a bit, but one that needs to be made. I love the cake and donut bunny pop...LOVE!

Debbiedoo's said...

Thanks Nann for joining the newbie party. You had quite the Easter celebrations! So cute.

Elena said...

Best.
Grandma.
Ever.

I'm totally pinning that cake for next year!!

~Elena
`a casarella

The Tablescaper said...

This looks like sooooooo much fun!

- The Tablescaper

Kathleen said...

I can imagine the fun and chaos! Looks like a wonderful time! I tried the carrots too, but with a cloth napkin and green flatware. Napkinwas too big! I will have to buy paper next year!
You have 8 kids, Nann? God bless you!
I want to answer your question about not wanting more than one link for Let's Dish. My reason is I want to keep the party small, hoping people will visit . If it gets too big, there are people who never get visited. People seem to just link and run! Some link up and don't leave me a comment, so I don't think they will do so for anyone else either. :(

Diann said...

Oh wow! Everything looks fantastic!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

So fun! And that cake is crazy ... my teeth hurt just looking at it!

:)

Linda
www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...