Tuesday, April 17, 2012

'Fete a la Parisienne' ....The Story and Your Invitation




The name of my soiree that I am having on Saturday is
 'Fete a La Parisienne'.


 Here is the invitation and you are invited.....



A N D...... HERE is the STORY that started it ALL


In the March issue of Romantic Homes Magazine


 I came upon an article about a French Party entitled
Fete a la Laduree by Mandy Lock.
 I was spell bound!
                                                      

Her Beautiful Invitations (little boxes with macarons), the Tablesetting, Menu Cards, Chairscovers, Linens & Food ... every single detail just left my mouth gaping.
                                                      
 Aren't her photos and details just GORGEOUS!     

 I had just reviewed the Macaron Book on my blog and here  were Macarons included in this elegant spread. Right then and there I decided to have a luncheon like it for some of my friends and then share it with you here.

I contacted Mandy  Locke at her blog
Her blog is absolutely beautiful. And she graciously designed the color invitations and menu cards that I purchased from her and downloaded to my computer. Her prices were very reasonable too. She would have filled them in but I,
 as of then, hadn't decided on the wording. 


Here again is a photo of the invitations that I gave out or sent to my guests. Aren't they just beautiful!

I changed it from Fete a la Laduree to
Fete a la Parisienne for my luncheon.


In this photo you see the Invitation folded, laced and double beribboned with a bow. Very Elegant and Very French.



THANKYOU for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed the story and seeing the invitations for my soiree. I love to hear from you. Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Nann
Whats It Wednesdays http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/ 
           Seasonal Sundays   http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

           Sunday Showcase   http://www.bystephanielynn.com/



27 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That invitation is lovely:)

Jo's This and That said...

My bags are packed! I have a cold, hope you don't mind my snoring, lol oh I just love it! I can't wait to see it know it will be grand! JoAnn

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

OK. We need to live closer to one another.

Your party is going to be AWESOME!

Everything already looks so pretty - you are SUCH an inspiration, lady!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Nann! Your luncheon will be simply AWESOME I am sure. Cannot wait to see pics. Love the invitation. So elegant. Love your blog. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Aledia said...

Oh my! What a gorgeous invitation and it sounds like a most wonderful time!
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures already!!

I also wanted to let you know that I have given your lovely blog the "Liebster Blog Award" you can go to the following link on my blog to find out all the info!

http://plumperfect.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award.html


I hope you have a very blessed day!
(hugs)
Aledia

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Gorgeous invitations! What fun! I loved the article too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gorgeous! What a sweet invite!

Nellie said...

Absolutely lovely! And - I even have an April birthday!:) xoxo

Linda said...

Oh my goodness...absolutely breathtaking...so elegant and refined. I am sure any guest receiving this lovely invite would be ooohing and awwwing for quite some time. Thanks for sharing this great,showstopper Nann. i also want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such delightful comments. I appreciate you and your comments.

xinex said...

Oh Nann, these invitations are so adorable, just gorgeous!...Christine

à la parisienne said...

Nann,

I am so thrilled and honored that my article was an inspiration to you, and even more happy to know that you are using something I made to honor your friends! The printed invitations look beautiful. I love the folded paper with the lace and ribbon-beautiful touch! I am so excited to see the rest of the party and like your blog friends wish I could be a fly on the wall as you and your friends enjoy your lovely luncheon.

I hope Saturday is a great success full of joy and laughter.

Mandy

Alycia Nichols said...

Gorgeous invitations!!!!!! So very French! I just love French-inspired decor!!!! Have fun putting your party together!!

Mary said...

Beautiful invitations Nann! I'm sure your friends are in for a delightful Parisienne treat! You have whet my appetite for more details~ Bon Appétit!

ButterYum said...

Oooo La La. That pretty invitation is Tres Manifique! I'm looking so forward to your party - thanks for inviting me :).

PS - I can't wait to hear how you like the Pains D'Amande.

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

This sounds like a wonderful theme for one of your wonderful luncheons Nann. I bet your family and friends love receiving your pretty invitations and anticipate the event! I love how you put so much thought to carry your theme from start to finish. These are very pretty cards. Thanks for sharing them with us at Your Cozy Home Party!

Kathleen said...

Just beautiful! I can't wait to see the luncheon, I know it will be wonderful!

Christa (The Soccer Mom) said...

So pretty!!! And... as it turns out, I'm free on the 21st!!!!

Jann Olson said...

Nancy, I saw this in my R.H. magazine and loved it as well. You are so creative I know that the luncheon will be fab! Can't wait for July! Thanks for sharing with my party.
Hugs,
jann

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

completely MAGICAL! I can not wait to see what you do. I think you just inspired me to have a Paris party as well. Thanks for the info on her blog, that was great!!!!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh I'm sure your invited guests are wild with anticipation! What a wonderful delight receiving such a lovely invitation.

Style Sisters said...

Wow this is so beautiful I can't wait to see what you have done for the party! Those invitations are out of this world!!

Thanks for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday

Karin

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann! What a beautiful looking party and your invitations are just beautiful. I can't wait to see what else you have for your lovely party.

Anne xx

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

This is fabulous Nann - I'll have to keep this in remembrance to try someday - hopefully soon! Loving it!
Kathy

Debbiedoo's said...

My goodness Nann,that is one classy invitation there. Thanks so much for sharing at the newbie party.

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Gorgeous! What a sweet invitation thanks for sharing with us, and thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Earth Day Tablescape . I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Bliss said...

What are you making to eat?

~Bliss~

Lynn @ UpCountry Olio said...

Oh, la,la that is going to be one swanky soiree! Your friends are in for an beautiful luncheon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...