Monday, April 16, 2012

A Show Stopping Salad





Greetings! This  Saturday I will be giving another  birthday luncheon. The luncheon theme  is   'Fete a la Parisienne.'  Today I am sharing a Show Stopping Salad that will be part of the four course menu that I'm serving. I call it.....

   Elegant Bouquet Salad 










I have had this recipe for a number of years. It is elegant, fast and easy to make besides being delicious and brings the wow factor to the table.

Elegant Bouquet Salad
Dressing:

½ cup mayonnaise

½ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves


¼ cup raspberry-flavored syrup

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 

Salad: 

1 or 2 large cucumbers, cut into 8 (2 inch to 3 inch) sections

1 head red leaf lettuce (8 to 16 large leaves)

8 pieces curly endive

1 (3.5-oz.) pkg. fresh enoki mushrooms

Edible flowers, if desired

  • In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well. Set aside.
  • Hollow out and discard center of each cucumber section, leaving about 1/4 inch around outside. Place 1 cucumber section, cut side down, on each salad plate.
  • On work surface, layer 1 or 2 lettuce leaves, 1 piece endive and about 1/8 of the mushrooms. Roll and gather lettuce at bottom to enclose endive and mushrooms. Tuck rolled lettuce into 1 cucumber section. Repeat with remaining lettuce, endive, mushrooms and cucumber sections. Garnish with edible flowers. Serve with dressing. Makes: 8 salads.                                                      Recipe and Photo .... Pillsbury.


        
           THANKYOU  for joining me today. I love having you drop by. I'll be posting the invitations, tablescapes, menu and recipes soon. So stay tuned :)
     Nann

I will be linking to these fun parties:
Share
Metamorphosis Monday http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2012/04/beautiful-front-porch-renovation.html#more
StoneGable for On The Menu Monday~
Newbies Party http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2012/04/transforming-a-terra-cotta-pot-with-annie-sloan-chalk-paint-newbie-party-started.html
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday~
Cozy Home Scenes http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/
Wow Us Wednesdays http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/
 Whats It Wednesdays http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/ 
The Bunny Hop http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/

Lets Dish  http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/

    17 comments:

    Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

    Hi Nann! This salad sounds so nice to serve at a party. I've always thought edible flowers look so elegant, but I've never been able to find any locally. Love how you really did make this look like a pretty bouquet. You always have the most creative and wonderful ideas! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at my party each week.

    Shabby chic Sandy said...

    That is so pretty--I agree that salad would be gorgeous for a dinner party!

    Creations By Cindy said...

    Nann, your salad looks delightful! I might can even do this! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    Nellie said...

    This sounds so elegant! Munchomom would love the menu for Saturday. She's a college French major and loves anything related to France.

    Nellie's Cozy place said...

    It looks wonderful, but wonder if it would be hard to eat without getting it all over the table!! lol

    Sounds great too.

    Definitely would make the table look
    remarkable.

    Hope you are doing well.
    Blessings, nellie

    Jann Olson said...

    Looks wonderful Nancy. Love the touch of the edible flower. Can't wait to see it all. Wonder what I'll get to enjoy in July. Hope you will link up with my party tomorrow!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    Pat@Back Porch Musingsh said...

    Wow, this salad is gorgeous!

    Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

    Hi Nann, Your salad is so interesting and looks delicious! Linda

    Sarah said...

    Nann, that salad is truly elegant. I'll be eager to see the details of your Parisienne luncheon. ~ Sarah

    kitty said...

    What a beautiful presentation, Nann! I loved the invitations to our Frenchy luncheon, too!!

    Designs By Pinky said...

    This is one of the neatest things I have ever seen! AND, I want to do this for our next dinner group. On another note, I signed up to follow by e-mail and it said I was already signed up, but I don't think I am getting your posts???? I will let you know. Have a great weekend, Nann. XO, Pinky

    Jann Olson said...

    Nancy, thanks for sharing the recipe. I think these are so beautiful for a party. They sound just as yummy as they are beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    Trish - Sweetology101 said...

    gorgeous, I will for sure what to try this. Elegant for tea time.

    Anne @ Domesblissity said...

    What a fantastic idea Nann. It looks just beautiful.

    Anne xx

    Marigene said...

    Wow, that is a lovely salad...what is raspberry syrup and where can it be found?

    The Tablescaper said...

    What a lovely salad. Just exceptional.

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Be sure to check out my most recent post for info on my GIVEAWAY.

    - The Tablescaper

    cathy@my1929charmer said...

    Do you have room for one more? What an impressive looking salad. So very beautiful, it would be hard to eat it. Just a lovely presentation! Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...