Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It was National Chocolate Chip Day!

                                                                               


LET'S  CELEBRATE!!! There seems to be a national holiday for everything  so let's have a   Hip Hip Hooray ....for yesterday was:

 National Chocolate Chip Day
      


Whether you eat them right out of the bag which I love to do or put them in your cookies, chocolate chips are one of America’s favorite treats and dessert staples. They were invented in the 1930’s by Ruth Graves Wakefield of the Toll House Inn.





There are of course a Zillion ways to use CHOCOLATE CHIPS.


Here is one of my personal favorites...
these are to DIE FOR

Decadent Delicious Party Potato Chips
Chocolate-Caramel-Pecan Potato Chips

Chocolate-Caramel-Pecan Potato Chips



1 (13-oz.) bag thick ruffled potato chips (Wavy Lays)
1 (14-oz.) bag caramels (Kraft)
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 (11.5-oz.) bag milk chocolate chip morsels
2 tablespoons shortening
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted 

Spread whole potato chips in single layers on parchment paper-lined wire racks. Combine caramels and cream in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; remove from heat. Drizzle caramel over chips.
Melt milk chocolate morsels and shortening in a small bowl in microwave at HIGH, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute; cool slightly. Drizzle chocolate over caramel on potato chips; sprinkle with pecans. Cool until chocolate and caramel harden.
Makes about 9 dozen.

Note: These chips are best served the day they're made. Use the thickest ridged potato chips you can find.
Recipe and photo from Oxmoor House



 OTHER  WONDERFUL  WAYS
Using Chocolate Chips


Homemade Hot Fudge Sauces YUM!



Chocolate Covered Strawberries


All these GORGEOUS photos of chocolate covered strawberries are from
http://wyldestonecottage.blogspot.com/2010/04/chocolate-covered-strawberries-tutorial.html
With a complete tutorial on how to do them.


  Recipe Girl gives 100  RECIPES using chcolate chips http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/04/01/chocolate-chip-recipes/
Here are a few of them

Brownies and  Bars


Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies by Evil Shenanigans
                         

Pies Cakes and Cupcakes
                                  
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes by Kevin and Amanda  
    
     
 Frozen Treats
                                                     
Peanut Butter- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
by Sing for Your Supper
                                                    


Other Desserts and Snacks
                                          
     Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by RecipeGirl 


Breakfasts
                                                    
      Whole Wheat- Chocolate Chip Pancakes by RecipeGirl  


      and of course cookies


 Hope you have enjoyed this delicious indulgent blog post. Please go to these sites above to see alot more...you'll be glad you did!!

Nann


I will be joining some of these linky parties:
Brambleberry Cottage and Time Travel Thursday- Share Your Cup http://jannolson.blogspot.com/, Thriving on Thursdayshttp://domesblissity.blogspot.com/ , Masterpiece Monday Sundays Best Par.tayhttp://my1929charmer.com/ Cowgirl UPhttp://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/ On the Menu Monday http://stonegable.blogspot.com/ Pink Saturdayhttp://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/pink-saturday-april-28-2012.html Tatertots and Jello http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/05/weekend-wrap-up-party-and-jessica-sprague-class-with-16x20-print-giveaway.html Feathered Nest Friday, Sunday Showcase, Sundae Scoop, Seasonal Sunday, Made By You Monday, Show Me How, , Masterpiece Monday, Party Time With Cheri, DIY Project Parade, ,, Making Monday Marvelous, Creative Bloggers Party, Mad Skills Monday, Show Off Your Cottage Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, , Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Treasures, Table Top Tuesday, Love It And Link It Up Party, Show Me What You Got, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Tutorial Tuesday, Tutes And Tips Party, Show And Tell Wednesday, , Whatever Goes Wednesday, Creative Share Wednesday, We Did It Wednesday, Whatever You Want Wednesday, Share The Love Wednesday, Transformation Thursday, Strut Your Stuff, It's A Keeper Thursday, Cozy Home Scenes http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/ Wow Us Wednesdayshttp://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ Full Plate Thursday;
                                                                                                                               












22 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

OK LADY, that's enough!

You just made me drool all over my keyboard!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I looooove chocolate!

Thanks for that neat chip idea, I love salty caramel together yum!!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann! You're tempting me. LOL I've heard of chocolate coated potato chips before but not sure I'm game to try them. Your pics are so gorgeous, I might just have to.

Anne xx

LDH said...

I didn't know about National Chocolate Chip Day! I made Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies for Bible Study last night (along with the Orange Angel Cake).

These chips look fascinating. I think I will try a batch when my kids are visiting. Do you think caramel sauce would work instead of melting caramels and cream?

Diane said...

O.K. - I am so ready to celebrate and I am not sure if I should make the potato chip dish or not. I can see at least five pounds added to my weight - I would probably eat them all. Thanks for sharing. This is just what I needed - another excuse to eat chocolate!!

Nellie said...

I am certainly glad I didn't realize that yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Day. I wold have used that as an excuse to over-indulge.:-) There's nothing better than chocolate chips - straight out of the bag, of course.:-)

xoxo Nellie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those potato chips should be against the law:) Those strawberries look so amazing:) Good thing I didn't realize it was chocolate chip day--I might have had to celebrate:)

Michele said...

i didn't know it was chocolate chip day but then i prety much treat every day as chocolate chip day... have a wonderful rest of the week! xoxo

Miss Kitty said...

So many chocolate chip choices! I had to "pin" the potato chips, however...I am getting hungry just trying to image what they taste like. I saw your post over at "Feathered Nest Friday".

Creations By Cindy said...

Nann, I am starving now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jann Olson said...

You're at it again Nancy. Always whipping up something so delicious! The potatoe chips look yum!
Hugs,
Jann

kitty said...

Oh, Nann, those chips look sinful!! Sweet, salty and chocolaty, what's not to love!!?? The gift for Jann was so sweet, too. You both are beautiful.

Jo's This and That said...

Wow! It looks great, I love chocolate! I gained 5lbs.just looking at your post! JoAnn

The Tablescaper said...

Yummmmmm!!! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Nann,
What a delicious looking treats!
Your newest follower,
~Wendy

Liz & Holley said...

Say what!?!?!? cookies/potato chips! All of the food groups in one recipe! This looks so good, we'd love it if you linked up with us over at http://www.aletteredlife.blogspot.com for Tasty Tuesday!

Mary said...

Nann~ Those chips look decadent, delicious & divine! Sweet and salty are a combination I can't resist! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Oh, Nann you're killing me!! I had to hurry and get past all those delectable looking chips so I wouldn't run to the cabinet and grab a handful of chocolate chips. I have never seen these before but they look soooo good. I am imagining that salty chip covered with that sweet chocolate.
Gotta try these soon! Thanks for sharing at the party.-----
Shannon

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

OK, Nann, you've got to stop tempting me with all those decadent treats! You know summer is just around the corner - which means LESS clothing to hide behind. lol

Thanks for linking another yummy sounding recipe to Time Travel Thursday.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Liz & Holley said...

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday! We hope you'll join us again next week!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Nann,
I almost broke my screen trying to get to those chips, they will be at my Cottage before the week end is over. What a wonderful collection of mouth watering treats! Hope you have a very special week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Marcie said...

These chips look so good! I would love if you would share this on my Monday linky party!
Thanks, Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html

Jo-Ann said...

These look so good. I pinned them. Looking forward to making them. Blessings, Jo-Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...