Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's My 6th Month Blog Anniversary and to celebrate I am...




Greetings All....To Celebrate my 6 month Anniversary I am PAYING  IT  FORWARD. In my last blog post I showed you the darling teacup arrangement that Michele from The Nest at Finch Rest sent me. And now it's my turn to pay it forward to someone else.

Pay It Forward Spring 2012





Here's how it works:
Make something handmade for three people who you may or may not know OR bloggers OR three who comment on your blog. In turn, then those 3 people pay it forward the same way and report on their blog if they have one. You may send or give something handmade to people who comment on your blog and want to do thisOR  it can be as simple as giving an unexpected gift to a friend OR paying for the next person in line's drink at McDonalds...just as long as you pay it forward this spring in 2012! I think this is a fun way to give back to friends & strangers  AND  to followers and readers of my blog. I wish I could make something for all of you readers, but....well, you understand. So I chose to:



Make three gifts....one  for a blogger who just happens to live in my neighborhood. (Neither of us knew about each other until a couple of months ago.) And two wonderful gals who are always giving freely of their time and talents and serving so many and who live in this valley. And I hope to daily pay it forward to someone I may not even know. That is one of my goals this year.

So what blogger am I paying it forward to....It's


   Jann Olsen
  from
       Have a daily cup from Mrs. Olson


First I found three darling LARGE cups and saucers at Home Goods. I was lucky to get out of the store in one piece because in the check out line ladies kept asking me where I found those in the store... and I had bought the only ones that they had.

              Aren't these pretty....




 I took off the ribbon and binding and filled the cup with  two basil plants, one oregano plant and some purplish pink petunias. I tried very hard to match up the colors to the cup and saucer the best I could.




I then added some pink tulle ribbon and the green ribbon that originally came with the cup & saucer. I think it gives it the finishing touch!



I knew she would be transplanting the plants to her beautiful garden so I wrapped six flavors of Herbal tea to enjoy in her cup when it was empty. I used the leftover ribbons from the cup. And it all worked out perfectly.





We walked out to Janns front yard where she has so many beautiful flowers growing. I could not believe these pale peach colored irises. They were Huge and absolutely GORGEOUS!



Here is a closeup of these gorgeous flowers. Look at the beautiful  lavender petals on the outer edges. These irises took my breath away. They were the largest irises I had ever seen!!



Janns husband took a picture of us together in front of her lovely home.



I loved Janns shirt. And I wanted to show the Eiffel Tower on it. It reminded me of my next party I'm giving this Friday which features that great monumentDoesn't Jann look beautiful!! And she is, both inside and out!!


Jann has become a good friend to me from this wonderful blogging world. And what is SO neat about it  is that she lives so close by. 
I now hand the baton to her to Pay It Forward.



THANKYOU for joining me today for my 6th month celebration. I LOVE having you visit!! And I read each and every comment you make too. It's just so nice hearing from you!


Nann


I will be participating in some of these fun linky parties:
Show Off Your Cottage Monday Masterpiece Monday DebbieDoos Newbie Party http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/ Sundays Best Par.tay Cowgirl UPhttp://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/http://my1929charmer.com/ On the Menu Monday http://stonegable.blogspot.com/ Pink Saturdayhttp://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/pink-saturday-april-28-2012.htmlShow And Tell Friday, I'm Lovin' It Friday, Show Off Your Stuff, Inspiration Friday, Feathered Nest Friday, Friday Favorites, Flaunt It Friday, Frugal Friday, Friday Unfolded, Tickled Pink, Vintage Inspiration Friday, Saturday Nite Special, Country Momma Link and Greet Party, Show And Tell Saturday, Sunday Showcase, Sundae Scoop, Seasonal Sunday, Made By You Monday, Show Me How, CraftOManiac Monday, Masterpiece Monday, Party Time With Cheri, DIY Project Parade, Craftastic Monday, Craft Catwalk, Making Monday Marvelous, Creative Bloggers Party, Mad Skills Monday, Show Off Your Cottage Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, Handmade Tuesday, Get Your Craft On, Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Treasures, Table Top Tuesday, Love It And Link It Up Party, Show Me What You Got, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Tutorial Tuesday, Tutes And Tips Party, Show And Tell Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Creative Share Wednesday, We Did It Wednesday, Whatever You Want Wednesday, Home Decor And Organizing Party, Share The Love Wednesday, Transformation Thursday, Strut Your Stuff, It's A Keeper Thursday, Craft Soiree, Fresh Cut Friday Share your cup Thursday http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-your-cup-thursday-6.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HaveADailyCupFromMrsOlson+%28Have+a+daily+cup+from+Mrs.+Olson%29 Lets Dish http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/ Thriving on Thursdays http://www.domesblissity.blogspot.com/ Tablescape Thursdayhttp://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/Wow Us Wednesdays http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/Whats It Wednesdays http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/The Bunny Hop http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/Cozy Home Scenes http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/ Rose Chintz Tea Time Tuesday Tabletop Tuesday A Return to Loveliness Pink Saturday


15 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Happy 6 Months Blogaversary, Nancy!!

What a delightful pay it forward you have given......it is an awesome gift and so kind and thoughtful!

You both look happy, and wow what a garden she has!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann. What a lovely thing to do and happy blogiversary. You're so sweet. What a lovely picture of you and Jann. It looks like the weather is starting to become really nice. I can't believe those irises in Jann's garden. I've never seen anything like it. They're beautiful. You're just lovely Nann.

Anne xx

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh how sweet! Love the gift-teacup with floral and tea bags! WOW! And yes Jann is a beautiful lady but so are you! Have a great day! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Congratulations, Nancy! It has been so nice having you in the blogging world. You always have something wonderful to show. You and Jann look great in the photo. Jann is another blogging sweetheart. Wishing you a wonderful day!------ Shannon

Alycia Nichols said...

Nann and Jann! It's the "Nann and Jann Show"!!! How fun! Congratulations on your 6 month anniversary! It goes by fast, doesn't it? It's so nice you were able to visit Jann personally. Her home is beautiful, and I just can't believe my eyes with those irises!!!!!! I have NEVER seen peach-colored iris, and they are spectacular! I must get my hips to the nursery to inquire about them for our yard! Such a nice post, Nann. Congratulations, and we are all looking foward to another 6 from you!

Jann Olson said...

Nancy, you are so sweet and I absolutely love my teacup and gorgeous plantings! It will be so cute in my living room. I can't wait to pay it forward. I am so happy that we have become friends. Sure glad that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder because I sure would not say I am beautiful. Although I do love the pic of the two of us. Thanks again, you're a sweetheart!
Hugs,
Jann

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That pay it forward concept is changing the world. I love it! Congrats on 6 months.:)

AshTreeCottage said...

Happy 6th month anniversary! Wonderful idea and I am your newest follower.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Congrats on your 6th month anniversary, Nann! How fun that you have a fellow blogger so close by. Jann is also a friend of The Brambleberry Cottage. ;)

Thanks for being a party participant at Time Travel Thursday. I enjoy your company and the pretty things you share.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

The Tablescaper said...

Congrats!

- The Tablescaper

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

TY for sharing this lovely gesture and your creativity!
Congrats on 6 months!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your 'pay it forward' gift is just beautiful! I love the cup and all the elements you put into it. Made with love for a special friend; a lovely gift for Jann. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tea Time and have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Congratulations on your 6 months of blogging too! Blessings!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Thanks for joining the party. I'm sure Jann is enjoying her gift. You have done very well in these 6 months, Nann. Look forward to many more delightful posts from you.-----
Shannon

Terri said...

Nann, you are so sweet! Your friends look so thrilled to be so honored by you and your gifts!
Happy 6th month anniversary!!!
Hugs,
Terri
P.S. the tea cups are so very pretty too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...