Thursday, May 24, 2012

Recipes from My Pink & Black Parisienne Luncheon






Today I want to share the dessert I made for my Parisienne Luncheon in Pink and Black.


Dessert Crepes

These really are easy to put together but the separate components need to be done in advance. I prefer recipes for my luncheons to be done as much as possible before the event.

Dessert Crepes with Vanilla Filling, Strawberries, Whipped Cream & Chocolate Drizzle
Note: I put these together right before serving them after we finished the main course.
                       It was very fast and easy, but then I was only serving 6. If it is a large group then
put  them together way before the party cover and chill.

The Crepes (make these ahead)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
2-3 tablespoons white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a blender, put eggs, milk, melted butter, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt and blend about 30 seconds until smooth. Pour into a shallow wide dish if using an electric crepe pan. Let the batter sit for about 15 minutes. Follow manufacturers instructions for making the crepes.
OR
Heat a small sized 6-7 inch  skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray or butter pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Spoon about ¼ cup crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Carefully remove from pan and place between layers of waxed paper. Serve immediately or cool until ready to use.  At this point wrap crepes and refrigerate until ready to use. (See to assemble crepes below.)






Note: Whether you use a small frying pan or an electric crepe pan usually the first one or two are ‘trial’ ones. It becomes easier with each use.

Here you can see a video how to make basic crepes. It is excellent and worth the time to watch.

Vanilla Filling (make ahead and chill)
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl put pudding and milk and mix well. It will be thick. When ‘set’ after just a few minutes, carefully fold in the whipped cream or whipped topping. Carefully add the sour cream and blend until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Fresh Strawberry Sauce  (make ahead and chill)
2 pints Strawberries, washed and hulled (Reserve several whole strawberries with stem for the garnish)
1/3 cup water
¼ to ½ cup white sugar
In a blender put one pint of the washed and hulled strawberries, the water and sugar. Blend well. Pour into a bowl. Slice remaining strawberries (accept those reserved for the garnish) thinly and add to the blended strawberry mixture. Stir. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Garnishes
* Sweetened Whipped Cream or Pressurized Can Whipped Cream
*Chocolate Sauce or Hot Fudge Sauce
*Reserved whole strawberries
To Assemble Crepes:
On a plate lay one opened crepe. Down the center, with a spoon put a nice amount of chilled vanilla filling. Fold over each side. Put filled crepe seam side down on individual dessert plate. Spoon some of the strawberry sauce over the top making sure some of the sliced strawberries are on each crepe. Put a nice amount of whipped cream either by spray can or with a spoon on top in the center of the strawberry sauce on crepe. Add a reserved whole strawberry. Carefully drizzle the chocolate sauce or hot fudge sauce back and forth over crepe, the strawberry and strawberry sauce. Repeat with remaining crepes. Serve.

I shared the recipes for

Le Salad & Main Course
                                                                               
in a previous post that you can find
here.



The Menu Card



              The Tablesetting with the Menu


And the Table and Side Board


Thankyou for joining me. It's so nice to have you come by. I appreciate your comments and read every one of them.


Nann








Happy 4th Birthday Pink Saturday!!
                                      
                                       
Join me each Sunday for my weekly party

I will be joining some of these fun linky parties:

26 comments:

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oooh la la Nann. I love the look of that dessert. Aren't you a good girl for making all those crepes. I wouldn't have gone to so much trouble and used my favourite (puff pastry) for a lazy way out! LOL What a wonderful lady you are.

Anne xx

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Once again you amaze, delight and inspire me with your talents and wonderful blog.

Honestly I have never in my life made a crepe and you know something? I am going to this weekend and let you know how it turns out. This looks DREAMY good!

Barbara said...

Very yummy looking dessert! And I love love love the pink and black Parisienne table setting!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

val's alentejo blogspot.com said...

Nann, your table is fit for a wedding. I think its all so beautiful and all so "A la Parisienne."
It must have taken you ages.
great menu..
thank you
Happy weekend.
val

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks for the recipe! Happy Birthday. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

YUM! Chantel's favorite thing in the world to eat is strawberry crepes. My husband is the crepe maker in the family so I'll have him look at your recipe. The inside sounds delicious. We'll have to try it. We usually just do cream cheese and strawberries. I always get hungry after visiting your blog!:)

LV said...

I would have enjoyed that party. Crepes are one of my favorite foods.

Annesphamily said...

I love crepes so I would have enjoyed sitting down to a nice visit with you and enjoying these delicious crepes.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I want those crepes right now! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Nann, These crepes sound delicious and the tables are beautiful! I haven't made a crepe in years but this makes me want to make some tonight.

Jann Olson said...

Oh Nancy, girl can you cook. You amaze me with your talents. Not only does your food taste wonderful, but it looks gorgeous. I love crepes and these look delicious! Thanks for linking to my party!
Hugs,
Jann

bj said...

ummm, these sound wonderful. Your table looks amazing and...I just signed up to follow.:))
Happy Pink Sat.

kitty said...

Ooh la lah!! These crepes look A.MAZ.ING!!! What lucky guests to partake at your party. xoxo

LDH said...

Your table and menu looks splendid ~ very pretty and such fun!

Jojo said...

A lovely luncheon!!! Love the pink and black theme.

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Nann! I have never made crepes before and these look oh, so tasty!

Betty Stapleton said...

Hi Nann
thank you for your comments on my blog, but your blog is still superior. Those crepes are so delicious looking and I still think the tablescape is one of the prettiest. Going to check out your past posts.
p.s. I took off the word verification, no idea what it is or means, but I finally found it. Thank you for the advice.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love the pink and black together. Black just seems to make any color pop. The crepes look wonderful. Funny, but I had been planning on making crepes this week. You've given me encouragement to give them a try.

I'm your newest follower. Thanks for following me.

Mary said...

Nann~ Your crepes look as delicious as the rest of your menu items for your Parisienne Luncheon! I can only imagine how delighted your guests must have been! Happy Memorial Day to you :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your table and food looks fabulous and you sure can cook!! Wow, so much crepes, yummy indeed and perfect for a Parisiene Luncheon! Lucky guests, wish I had been there!! Thank you so much for your wonderful wishes for our Sil anf for the tablescape. Have a great week lovely lady. I am your follower, thank you for yours as well.
FABBY

Winnie said...

OMG - what a wonderful dessert!
An irresistible one, that's for sure

Gen said...

That is a most beautiful dessert! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try this!

The Tablescaper said...

The crepes look delish and I LOVE the table!!! Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Nann!

I have never tried making these. You recipe doesn't look too intimidating so maybe I will give it a shot. I know one thing for sure... I wouldn't have any problem eating them.

Thanks for sharing at my party this week!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

My mouth was watering looking at those crepes Nann. You are so talented and truly do think of everything for your parties, don't you? The invitations and tablesettingare beautiful. I love the pink, black, and white combo. Thanks for joining me at my party this week.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

My mouth is drooling for a piece of this luscious dessert. Your invitations and table setting are beautiful. I had my fingers crossed that you would of won the free blog header. But you site and content is really outstanding! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...