Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Simple Summer Soiree

Hello All...I know its been SO long....since I posted. And I appreciate ALL your very kind comments about the fire on the mountain. I was very touched.  And with summer and family,  life has been so busy.......

 But last Friday I gave a sweet but simple Birthday luncheon for 12 friends whose birthdays were in June and July and I wanted to share it with you.


                                                     
The table was done with a pale yellow tablecloth with a smaller white lacy cloth over the top. It's on a 6 foot round folding table that I purchased at the same time I bought the black chivari chairs.
I can seat 12 people comfortably around it. 



                                           
The centerpiece is fresh cut daisies in a clear cylinder shaped vase. First I put in water and then the daisies. I then put fresh slices of lemon around the edges of the vase and it helped to hold the daisies more upright. I love the yellow and white combination.



                                                  
The table is set simply with white plates with silver bands and the goblets, as you know I use so often are from the dollar tree. I used pale yellow paper napkins that matched the tablecloth and put them with my sweet little white lacey hankies that I use for dainty napkins. (See here.) http://atnannstable.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-table-and-delicious-foods.html  and then tied them with a pale yellow ribbon with a bow. Very soft, feminine and pretty.




                                                 
Simple white place cards and white sourcream cupcakes were above each plate. The 'birthday' cupcakes were baked in a solid yellow baking cup and then after being decorated put onto another yellow baking cup to bring out the yellow color. White frosting, edible clear glitter, large white pearl dragees and a yellow and white square candle decorated the tops of the cupcakes.                                                           


                                                      
As you look down around the daisies are sitting six little tiny bowls filled with water and one daisy each with a leaf. Also three square dishes of yummy yellow candies....bright yellow lemon drops, buttery mints and pale yellow taffy that tasted like buttered popcorn. I ate way to many of these. Oh my were they ever good!! Also you see butter on dishes, salt and pepper shakers and the two  salad dressings in footed bowls. 

A  MAIN  COURSE  SALAD

                                                   
As the main course I served fresh garden salad which consisted of field greens, chopped geradeli (marinated vegies), chopped marinated artichoke hearts, chunks of mozzarella cheese, whole pitted black olives and stuffed green olives. And on top I put thin slices of tomato, avacado, three spears of steamed asparagus, baked parmesan chicken breast slices and freshly grated parmesan cheese. There was a choice of two dressings. The one you see on the salad is Kraft's Sun Dried Tomato. Several people had never tasted this dressing and wanted the recipe. It really is good and I was delighted to tell them that they could buy it. It's wonderful not only for salads but as a marinade and dipping sauce. And the second dressing was Brianna's Blush Wine viniagrette. It has a very subtle sweet flavor and is also delicious. They are both excellent bottled dressings and my guests and family really enjoy them.


DESSERT

I didn't take a picture of the desserts but it was one inch sliced cantaloupe rounds, seeded and skinned, filled with a scoop of pineapple sherbert and then topped with fresh sweet sliced strawberries, raspberries, black berries and blueberries. It was really delicious and made for a beautiful presentation. I had also made my good friend Michelle's Almond bars and served those to pass on a separate plate. I will share the photos and recipes in a future post.

THANKYOU for joining me. It's so good to be back. I would love to hear from you as I have missed you all.
                                                    


Nann
             

18 comments:

~Sara said...

So beautiful! Blessings~Sara

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh my lovely Nann, I've been thinking of you so much. I'd guessed you'd be caught up with summer fun, friends and family. What a wonderful looking lunch you had. Just beautiful. So happy to read something from you again. Have missed you terribly.

Your Aussie friends,
Anne xx

Maalai said...

Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

Creations By Cindy said...

Have missed you Nann! Your table is lovely! So sweet of you to do this for your friends. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sylvia said...

Everything looks so lovelly, I'm sure your guest enjoyed every bite. Your birthday tea was a big hit!

Kristen said...

Beautiful! Your table was beautiful in fresh yellow and white.

Jojo said...

That table just makes me want to say ahhhhh. It's absolutely lovely.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh your table looks so pretty! Love how you can get a picture from up above. Such a great view. The yellow is so bright and cheery. I could really dig into that salad. Looks delish! Good to see you posting:)

Elyse Cepull said...

How lovely Nann! Your tables always impress me.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Nann! I looked at your opening sentence and thought, "NO KIDDING!" It HAS been forever and a day since you last posted! Goodness gracious! I'm glad you're back and that all is well. Such pretty yellow and white! This has all the hallmarks of a sight and airy summer celebration! The fresh fruit dessert sounds wonderful! Taffy that tasted like buttered popcorn, huh? That DOES sound good! I'm sure I'd have absolutely no fillings left in my teeth after hogging all of that as I know I would!!!!! Glad to see you back, m'dear! Have a beautiful afternoon!!!!

val's alentejo blogspot.com said...

Dear Nann,
I think I will have to hire you to come and do my next party. What a wonderful table setting..the yellow and the delicate way you did the napkins.. all so lovely
The salad looked and sounds divine..
Your friends must have been most delighted with such wonderful goodies and a great hostess.
thanks for this nice post and your great photos.
I too have been abscent for some time.. Its summer and we all have things to do out and about.
Happy days Nann
val

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh Nann,

First off let me say you absolutely astound me. this birthday dinner party is to die for gorgeous...WOW.....

And then I can't not say this:

YOU CALL THAT SIMPLE????!!!????

No, my dear, simple is ordering pizza and have a store bought b-day cake.

There is not a single thing simple about this dinner party.

That salad made me drool and I love all the yellow- it is so summery and pretty and FRESH!

Glad to see you're back, miss you.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Stopping by cause I haven't "seen" you in a while! Just checking in. The yellow is so stunningly beautiful, and you salad I wanted to eat right of the screen! Your table scape is just beautiful, but then yours always does! So glad to see you are back!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such a pretty tablescape, Nann! I love the view looking down at the table!
Hugs,
Deb

kitty said...

Hi Nann, it's so good to see you back! I loved your pretty table and as always, I wish I was a guest! xo

A.satubuana said...

very nice article. thank to share.. i love it.

Jo's This and That 3 said...

Hey girl , I miss you! You table looks beautiful and the salad wonderful! I have lost 26 lbs and Iam hungry ! Good seeing ya!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your table is gorgeous Nann~ so beautiful with the yellow and white!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier today~and for your sweet compliments on my dining room :) will send you an email to answer your questions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...