Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Grandaughters October Birthday Tea Party

 
October is so beautiful and I glory in the gorgeous changing colors of autumn which are now in abundance everywhere I look.  There is nothing quite like the beauty of fall.
 
 And this time last year I gave many events. One was for my
7 year old gandaughter
Emma's birthday party. She wanted a tea party of course.
 

 
These photos were taken before I started my blog and with an old camera. The pumpkin plates I bought several years ago on clearance after Halloween for a buck a piece. I wish I had bought more at that price. And the pumpkin cups came in a box of sets of four and I bought a total of a dozen. Again I wish I had bought more. I use them ALOT during the fall season.
 

 
The grands LOVE our little Halloween Tree. Each year they like to  add to its branches. Of course it's on center stage with the birthday treats.
 
 
There were lots of fun treats including these darling spider ring cupcakes.
 
 
My daughter made this adorable teapot birthday cake and her little Emma was delighted!!
 
 
Among the MANY FUN activities, each little girl frosted and decorated their own pumpkin cookies. This one was made by Emma's favorite Aunt Carolyn.
 
 
 
Each little girl got to take home her very own tea cup filled with treats and a little gift bag for them to make their own 'smore' ghosts.
 
The party was deemed a success by all who attended but especially by our beloved little birthday girl Emma.
 
 
THANKS for joining me for our little tea party soiree. I will be showing more tables and treats before the months over. So please stay tuned.
 
Nann
 
 


12 comments:

Mary said...

Nann~ What a fun party for your granddaughter & her friends! Decorating their own pumpkin cookie and the treat-filled teacup is a perfect party favor! Your daughter's cake is adorable!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a beautiful tea party for your sweet gdaughter! What a treat for her!

That cake is amazing!!!!!

You always do up your parties so amazing - you are a gem of a gal and I adore your posts!

I think it's awesome each little girl got a teacup favor filled with treats, that is awesome!

kitty said...

Ooh Nann, what a great tea party!! I wish I was there. That Halloween tree is sooo cute and that teapot cake your daughter...out of this world!! Gosh, those pumpkin plates and cups were a deal, weren't they? I would love those, too. Wonderful memories were made for your little granddaughter. XO

Linda Primmer said...

What a sweet birthday party. The Halloween tree is so pretty. I love the idea of the kids decorating their own pumpkin. The teapot cake is darling and so creative. Thanks for sharing.

Nellie said...

How cute, Nann! The teapot cake is amazing!

xo Nellie

Alycia Nichols said...

So, so cute!!!! It must be nice to have a girly-girl for a granddaughter. Mine is very tomboyish, and I don't get to do anything like this. Sigh! :-( I like the idea of the s'mores take-home favor. Very creative! You and I both have GOT to learn to buy stuff when we see it at such a great price. I kick myself over and over when I think of the things I SHOULD HAVE bought 20 of but only got 8! Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it!? Have a good weekend!!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

How cute it all is :)!

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

Oh Nann. What a lovely little party. How gorgeous!

Anne xx

Jo's This and That 3 said...

You are truly blessed with a wonderful family. How I wish i had more. Thanks for sharing Joann

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape for Autumn. Your tea party for your Granddaughter birthday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
XXOO Diane

Kathleen said...

What a great tea party! Everything looks so pretty!

Kathy Shea Mormino said...


I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...