Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apples and October....



Today I made a wonderful apple dumpling recipe that I have come to love. And I want to share it with you.  It's called.....


Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
 
Here I've scooped it out of the pan and put it on the plate. It makes its own delicious sauce.

 
 
 
I made a pan of six to take to a dear friend who just had a baby and then I put two in individual pans...one each for my husband & me.
The only thing that could have possibly made it any better was a scoop of ice cream or a big dollop of whipped cream!
 
DELICIOUS!!!
 
So Simple....So Easy....and So Fast

 
 
 
 Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
 
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 wedges
 
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 count)
 
1/3  cup butter, melted
 
 1/2 cups white sugar
½ - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 – 8 ounces mountain dew soda

1.   Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or spray with cooking spray  a 9x9 inch baking dish.
2.   Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
3.   Mix melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Spoon over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ around the dumplings.
4.   Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven  until golden brown. Makes 8 dumplings.
 
ENJOY!!!!
 
THANKYOU for joining me today. Hope you
try this recipe. I know your family will
love it.
 
Nann

I'll be joining these linky parties:


 
 

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

thanks Nann, yum that looks so yummy, I'll try this.

kitty said...

Ooh Nann, I've made these wonderful apple crescent rolls and they are delish! Your pic is mouth watering. Mmmmmm!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Hi Nann,

I may just hve to- a friend of ours just gave us 2 huge bags of freshly picked apples!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Alycia Nichols said...

OK...you had me right up until the Mountain Dew part. Mountain Dew??!?!! What?!??!?!?!!! I have never heard of such a thing! I am going to have to try it "just because" now!!! I like the fact that there's no dough kneading and rolling! I make good dough, but I don't always want to fool around with it.

Penny Phillips said...

Your apple dumplings look so good! You left the sweetest comment on my blog, so I had to come see you! I am now following you too! Hugs, Penny

Nellie said...

This is SO delicious, Nann! Try it with fresh peaches sometime.:)

xo Nellie

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

This looks so scrumptious!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Uh oh! This looks like trouble. I LOVE apple dumplings! This looks so easy. I'll have to try it. Your comment made me feel so good! Thanks so much!

Jo's This and That 3 said...

Oh! They look wonderful! I miss reading your blog,I working out of town five days a week teaching 3 classes. Thanks for stopping in!

Linda Primmer said...

Yumm! This looks great! We used to go to Apple Hill and get our Apple Dumpling. I am definitely going to give it a try.

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm drooling right here on the keyboard! :) Seriously, I've seen this recipe but haven't tried it yet. I did buy the ingredients yesterday so I hope mine turn out as beautifully as yours.

Stop by ~ I have a Halloween giveaway going on!

xo
Pat

greenthumb said...

Hi just found your lovely blog, that looks so yummy.

greenthumb said...

Hi just found your lovely blog, that looks so yummy.

greenthumb said...

Hi just found your lovely blog, that looks so yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...